PDA

View Full Version : Meet the WillMove camera concept

Tin Can
19-Mar-2021, 13:45
Somehow found this, same guy as Will Travel, but this is Point & Shoot with movements

3D Printing

Go here and read an exciting tale

https://film.kolve.org/willmove/

GRAYnomad
19-Mar-2021, 14:06
Interesting. I love that so many people are designing and building new LF gear.

John Layton
19-Mar-2021, 14:40
Ah-Ha! Yes! Will Move? Then Will Buy! :)

ic-racer
19-Mar-2021, 15:21
I think these startup projects will continue to improve in design and concept. I think people will see a successful startup and think 'I can do better than that' and things will continue to evolve. I think CAD software and 3d printing will keep getting better and better. I think we will see 3d printed shutters in the future.

John Earley
20-Mar-2021, 09:57
I think these startup projects will continue to improve in design and concept. I think people will see a successful startup and think 'I can do better than that' and things will continue to evolve. I think CAD software and 3d printing will keep getting better and better. I think we will see 3d printed shutters in the future.

I'm hopefully waiting for 3D printed film emulsions!

grat
20-Mar-2021, 12:38

Tricky. There's a reason why shutters use very thin blades-- it's to keep them light and allow them to move fast. It's difficult to 3D print thin, light-tight plates. My personal best is about 0.6mm for being light-tight and structurally stable enough to function as a shutter blade, and those have a tendency to flex.

Most 3D printed irises have been a bit on the slow side so far. Focal plane shutters might be possible, but the trick is getting the activation time down.

Drew Wiley
20-Mar-2021, 14:08
Barely moves. Just like me at the moment with horrible bursitis. Mere five degree tilt doesn't accomplish much.

Drew Bedo
21-Mar-2021, 14:06
Three-D printed . . .Great!

Now lets see someone do a Grafmatic re-boot in modern materials.

grat
22-Mar-2021, 14:26
It's conceivable. The problem is materials-- while designing one for a 3D printer wouldn't be hard, getting the parts thin enough to hold 6 sheets, while maintaining structural rigidity, would be a bear. The alternatives would be carbon fiber (fantastic, but bloody expensive), sheet metal (requires stamping) or injection molding, which isn't cheap, and I'm still not sure you could get it thin enough.

Drew Bedo
23-Mar-2021, 05:59
^^^

I guess that is why 50 year old Grafmatics are still bought and sold on e-Bay.

There was a sort of pack film substitute that fit Polaroid holders (can't revall the name) . . .a set of reloadable sheaths I think. Can't that be recreated with 3D printing?