PDA

View Full Version : A Banquet of Light

Jim Fitzgerald
13-Mar-2021, 08:35
Opening today and running through June 5th is my solo show featuring my second handmade carbon transfer fine press addition. The show is from 11-4 PM. I will also have 13 new carbon prints on the walls of the upstairs gallery. Come visit LightBox Photographic Gallery in Astoria Oregon if you can at some point. Please check the link for additional times that the gallery is open during this time of pandemic recovery. Hope to see some you from the local area if possible.

http://lightbox-photographic.com/shows/a_banquet_of_light_jim_fitzgerald

Heroique
13-Mar-2021, 10:02
Chances are I’ll be near Astoria (hiking) before June – the exhibit might be a nice “rest day” event!

Do the images concentrate on N. California Redwoods, or other scenes too?

The fine press edition in Amate bark paper sounds beautiful.

paulbarden
13-Mar-2021, 11:12
Congratulations, Jim! I hope I get to see the show.

Mark Woods
13-Mar-2021, 11:12
Congratulations Jim!

Paul Cunningham
13-Mar-2021, 11:41
Congratulations Jim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiwi7475
13-Mar-2021, 12:06
Congrats! I really wish I could go see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Zhang
13-Mar-2021, 19:52
Congratulations, Jim! I wish I could go to see it.

Jim Fitzgerald
13-Mar-2021, 21:35
Chances are I’ll be near Astoria (hiking) before June – the exhibit might be a nice “rest day” event!

Do the images concentrate on N. California Redwoods, or other scenes too?

The fine press edition in Amate bark paper sounds beautiful.

The fine press edition is about the Redwoods in Rockefeller forest. I have an additional 13 images in 8x10 that are of the trees in Yosemite, the Redwoods and one of the forest by where I live in Vancouver. I also have a series of still life floral images as well. The gallery has other work on display by other artists hanging on the first floor as well. Well worth the visit.

Jim Fitzgerald
13-Mar-2021, 21:42
Thanks everyone. We had a nice group of people come out to see my work. I gave a talk to three separate groups about the book, how it was designed, bound etc. I'll be out every three weeks to talk about the book and show it. The next time I'll be there is April 3rd. The gallery is open from 11-4 PM on Thursday, Friday and Saturday or by appointment. These are the pandemic hours. So if you are in the area and wish to see the work at a different time just call and Michael he will work it out and meet you at the gallery.

Jeffrey Arthur
13-Mar-2021, 23:05
That is wonderful Jim. A road trip is in order to see the show before June! Congratulations.

Tin Can
13-Mar-2021, 23:59
Yes, congratulations Jim!

I would visit if I could!

Jim Fitzgerald
16-Mar-2021, 17:14
Here are some images from the show.

Vaughn
16-Mar-2021, 21:03
Hopefully I will make it up that way after my second Vaccination!

Beautiful work -- and you made a great way to display your book!

Drew Wiley
18-Mar-2021, 11:05
Astoria is such a lovely town. I lived with my grandmother certain summers on the coast slightly further down at Tillamook; also wet, wet, wet all the time, and beautiful. Wish I could get up there. But this time around, seeing work in Yos somewhat later is more practical. What wonderful projects!