PDA

View Full Version : ___Linhof technika 70 qestions...

Shtativ
28-Jan-2006, 05:43
Hallo, LFormaters! :)
I`ve some questions about Technika 70. Help me, please.
1. Can I remove rangefinder from it?
2. How much it in good condition and can i find technika 70 with broken rangefinder?

Bill_1856
28-Jan-2006, 15:19
Why?

David A. Goldfarb
28-Jan-2006, 15:22
If you want a rangefinderless 6x9 Tech, look for the Technika Study Camera. It's exactly what you want, without any need for modifications.

Shtativ
28-Jan-2006, 16:07
>Re: Why?

I need the simple and reliable 6x9 camera for extreme expluatation. It is possible without back movements. And it is desirable with revilving back, but it too is not obligatory. I`ve chosen Graflex XL, but it does not cover 6x9 format in wide open... And chose Technika 70. But without rangefinder it will be more lighter.

>Re: If you want a rangefinderless 6x9 Tech, look for the Technika Study Camera...

Thanks for answer, David!
Wow! I never heard before this Technika... I read some spec about this camera now, and it give all that I need!!! Many thanks!

But I never seen Technica study in ebay or anymore.. Prompt me please- where it can be found? And what to me to be afraid at purchase of the used Study except holes in bellows?

David A. Goldfarb
28-Jan-2006, 19:11
You can often see them described as something like a "6x9 Tech V without rangefinder." They might come up more often on ebay.de than they do in the US.

Shtativ
29-Jan-2006, 02:49
Thank you very much!

tor kviljo
30-Jan-2006, 00:59
The technika 70 is valued (by collectors probably) way to much in my opinion. Lots of movements but quite heavy, not able to use generic RF holders, but needs it own hard-to-find-expensive super rollex'es. However, the rather high second hand price might benefit You: sell the camera, and You will be able to pick up the lighter and MUCH more adaptable Horseman VH instead with money to spare. I have owned both cameras, but ended up never really using the tech 70: cool hand-helt, cumbersome when applying movements: on and off with that large super-rollex. The Horseman VH have AT LEAST as much movements, but without RP and quite a lot lighter + can use any Graflox 2"x3" type back = both Horseman and (inexpensive) Mamiya RB roll-film backs fit. The entire rotating back can be revolved off, and a 4"x5" adaptor back mounted instead. Fitting and smooth movements is nearly at Linhof standards = very good. If You want to keep the point & shoot features of the tech 70, buy the HorsemanVHR which have coupled view/rangefinder and a very large number of readily available Horseman Super (covers 4"x5") and Horseman Pro (covers 6x9cm) lenses with focussing cams found often at nice prises on ebay, KEH & around. The tech 70 used a 3-cam wheel for RF coupling = most 70-owners will be stuck with the one sitting on the camera). The VHR viewfinder is in my opinion better than the tech 70, less advanced/tech. but very bright + having colored frame-lines for all relevant formats. The Horseman 985 is a less expensive & nearly as good option.