PDA

View Full Version : Technika IV pull out grips

Benjamin
26-Feb-2021, 21:21
I know that to pull out the front standard of the Technika you need to squeeze both pull out grips. Are they both supposed to move, each towards each other? Just got a Technika IV and only the right one has any motion. I can still pull out the standard, albeit not smoothly. Is this normal, or are they both supposed to have springs and move towards each other?

Bill Poole
27-Feb-2021, 15:18
Don't know about the Tech IV, but on my Tech V they both move.

linhofbiker
19-Oct-2022, 05:46
I have had Technika 3 4 and 5 over the years. They are simple mechanical devices. If something is not working correctly just wiggle it around and/or lube it a bit or just clean it. I have taken some completely apart for having the body powder coated white.

Embdude
20-Oct-2022, 20:15

This is what the bottom of the 45 Technika IV looks like (pretty similar to the V and Master as well).
they both move and share a spring. Tension/grip is adjusted by the eccentric washer in the middle, the spring is just to hold the grippers together.
You can loosen the gripper screw a little and it should move.
To access the bottom of the front standard simply rack out the rails a bit and slide it off the back end of the rails...

Embdude
20-Oct-2022, 20:18
Sorry that photo above is a V 4x5...

here is the IV 4x5 part...

Pretty much the same on the bottom...

s389
16-Nov-2022, 06:11
I just check this part last weekend, hoping to ease the swing of the front standard. The both pull out grips move. In fact, only one is moving the locking plate to release the rail. The other one make the plate to come back and lock the rail thanks to the spring.
The excentric washer between allows adjustment and the central screw blocks this adjustment.If the screw is too tight, movement is restricted.

I didn't solve my initial problem with the hard swing movement but I learned something. ;-)