PDA

View Full Version : Lodima G4/Lupex: twin sons of different mothers?

CreationBear
20-Feb-2021, 07:52
I've often seen these two papers mentioned as having similar characteristics; my question: are they similar enough that a negative "designed" for one paper will still be optimized for the other?

Background: I hope to start contact printing in a few months, and while I'm able to shoot both 5x7 and 8x10, I'd like to work out the glitches on the smaller, more economical format. Given that Lupex 5x7 seems to be hard to come by, and that Lodima Grade 4 5x7 is currently listed as available, my hope was that a couple boxes of Lodima would suffice to get me "standardized" before I started burning a lot of 8x10 film. Any thoughts appreciated!:)

bob carnie
20-Feb-2021, 08:49
Lupex is going to be continually made, not sure about Lodima. But with that said support the people who made investment in making Lodima Michael and Paula, once its gone they have captured back some of their investment,

CreationBear
20-Feb-2021, 09:09
support the people who made investment in making Lodima Michael and Paula,

Definitely agree, well said.:)

Oren Grad
20-Feb-2021, 09:31
https://www.photrio.com/forum/threads/lodima-lupex-amidol-ansco-130-a-report.157078/

CreationBear
20-Feb-2021, 09:41
Excellent thread, thanks Oren. "Allen9940" in the second post seems to address my questions, especially.:)