PDA

View Full Version : Who knows this lens Liesegang Tachyskop 24 n°2?

computterman
18-Feb-2021, 08:52
hello could someone give me informations about my new lens? i found nothing with "Tachyskop" on google :

Ed.Liesegang Dusseldorf
Tachyskop 24 - N°2
Height (with hood) : 190mm
Diameter of the front lenses : 75mm

No iris but waterhouse slot
it is a RR or a Petzval? i don't know because i ca'nt unscrew the ring retaining the lenses in the back part

if anyaone have informations? thanx a lot

Steven Tribe
19-Feb-2021, 01:50
I did a Little research when it was listed a few weeks ago on eBay Europe.
I recall that the lens mounting system looked very Projection lens like.
Searches on “Tachyskop” Lead me to data about “upmarket” projection systems.
There are dedicated projection lenses that do have aperture control, but the modification of good quality projection lenses for use as photographic (portrait) lenses is not just a modern activity!
Liesegang did make photographic lenses in the 19th century - it appears almost as an insurance policy - in case their projection lens business went bottoms up. It didn’t!
It must be a Petzval, but there is very little documentation available on Liesegang.

computterman
19-Feb-2021, 04:08
Thanx for reply
Liesegang projection lenses were named "Cxxx" so i don't think my Tachyskop is a projection lens
i made a search again and i found :
"Tachyskop : this was essentially the same as Leukoskop This is a RR type".

So i know now that Tachyskop is a RR lens, good news.
Mine is about 460-500mm, and f/6 (approx)
That's what i found too in my search :
"The Leukoskop (Tachyskop) lenses were Liesegangs late answer to Voigtländer Euryscop series. As far as literature goes it has the same glass layout and the similar image quality".

Bob Salomon
19-Feb-2021, 05:02
I did a Little research when it was listed a few weeks ago on eBay Europe.
I recall that the lens mounting system looked very Projection lens like.
Searches on “Tachyskop” Lead me to data about “upmarket” projection systems.
There are dedicated projection lenses that do have aperture control, but the modification of good quality projection lenses for use as photographic (portrait) lenses is not just a modern activity!
Liesegang did make photographic lenses in the 19th century - it appears almost as an insurance policy - in case their projection lens business went bottoms up. It didn’t!
It must be a Petzval, but there is very little documentation available on Liesegang.

There were two different Liesegang companies in Germany at the same time. We represented the one in Düsseldorf that made projectors and enlargers. The other was, I believe, in Berlin.

Steven Tribe
19-Feb-2021, 10:15
This is the link for the document (https://lens-club.ru/public/files/pdfs/c95f77db7da882cb2705e2153f8907b0.PDF)[/QUOTE]

This link is to the pirate copy of the Lens VM - the version with occasional figures/pictures. It (the LVM) is not a reliable source for non-UK manufacturers.

Liesegang Düsseldorf is the later establishment for Liesegang Elberfeld (Wuppertal).

computterman
19-Feb-2021, 11:57
ok, I did not know that...
what is Lens VM?

This is the link for the document (https://lens-club.ru/public/files/pdfs/c95f77db7da882cb2705e2153f8907b0.PDF)

This link is to the pirate copy of the Lens VM - the version with occasional figures/pictures. It (the LVM) is not a reliable source for non-UK manufacturers.

Liesegang Düsseldorf is the later establishment for Liesegang Elberfeld (Wuppertal).

Steven Tribe
19-Feb-2021, 14:27
See here

https://www.antiquecameras.net/lensvademecum.html

computterman
20-Feb-2021, 02:38
Nice! i just purchased it
Thanx for the link