PDA

View Full Version : Pay Pal news

Tin Can
13-Feb-2021, 09:38
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full?utm_source=epsilon&utm_campaign=A_OW_EM_AH_HR_NI_NI_202102_100623_US_US_Consumer_LR_US_en_US&utm_medium=email

Specifically

"We are revising PayPal’s Seller Protection so it does not apply where a merchant ships a physical item or fulfills a purchase order more than two days after being notified by PayPal that the transaction is being disputed, reversed, or is otherwise unauthorized."

Bill Burk
13-Feb-2021, 09:42
That doesn’t seem like anything nefarious. I wouldn’t want to ship to someone who reversed the charges

HMG
13-Feb-2021, 17:21
I.E. "if you're stupid enough to ship an item 2 days after we tell you the transaction is invalid, you're on your own".

drj52
13-Feb-2021, 18:53
So if you're in the habit of going several days without reading your emails, either stop doing that, or stop taking PayPal payments.

Paul Ron
15-Feb-2021, 08:26
i think the problem is this... your buyer pays, you ship once you see the confirmation... then the buyer cancels n reverses the payment the next day?. now you are up a creek. perhaps this is the senario they are concidering?

HMG
15-Feb-2021, 08:35
i think the problem is this... your buyer pays, you ship once you see the confirmation... then the buyer cancels n reverses the payment the next day?. now you are up a creek. perhaps this is the senario they are concidering?

No, under that scenario you (as seller) are OK. You would have to ship more than 2 days AFTER being notified of the reversal.

Paul Ron
15-Feb-2021, 13:06
but sometimes mail can take a week... then what? you get the notice it was reversed but the package is still in transit?

drj52
15-Feb-2021, 14:09
but sometimes mail can take a week... then what? you get the notice it was reversed but the package is still in transit?

I think you’re confusing day of shipment (i.e. mailing), which is what the policy change is about, with day of delivery. As long as you didn’t mail it more than 2 days after being notified, you’re protected.