PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Master View 8x10 (KMV) reducing back for 4x5, compatibility

wuckyboy
26-Jan-2021, 11:25
Hey Everyone! Quick question. I'm looking to get a 4x5 reducing back for my Kodak Master View 8x10. I don't want to make one. Matter a fact I received one that was homemade with the camera and it's quite sloppy. I heard that Burke and James 4x5 reducing backs *sometimes* work with the KMV? Can someone who has tried this please let me know how it went? Am I just basically looking for a back with the attachment method that uses the 4 pins that coincide with the small latches on the camera body? Any B&J (or any other) models that are a sure fit?

Many thanks gang :)

Doug Howk
26-Jan-2021, 11:51
My Burke & James reducing back works fine with my 8X10 KMV. Its the grey model which I presume is the B&J Grover.

wuckyboy
26-Jan-2021, 15:54
Doug thank you. It seems that is the exact one I should try and track down then.

I appreciate it!

Tin Can
26-Jan-2021, 17:58
make sure you get pin to pin and rebate Dims

they vary from brand to brand

wuckyboy
26-Jan-2021, 18:06
Hey Tin Can, can you elaborate on that a bit? Having a hard time understanding. Thank you!

Tin Can
26-Jan-2021, 18:25
I no longer have a KMV

Deardorff and B&J may vary, Ansco and many others vary with variation within production

I suggest you make what you have fit

Post good pictures of your problem

Hey Tin Can, can you elaborate on that a bit? Having a hard time understanding. Thank you!