PDA

View Full Version : Waterhouse templates

Kiwi7475
23-Jan-2021, 13:46
Hi,

I know I can probably DIY this myself, but I was wondering if someone has or is willing to provide the dimensions or even a simple template to build the Waterhouse stops for a Dallmeyer 3D and a 4D.

Even a picture of a paper with a pencil tracing of the edges and hole(s) would be very useful.

Thanks in advance!

Len Middleton
26-Jan-2021, 10:45
Kiwi,

I have done a drawing for a set for my Ross No 3 Universal that you are welcome to use as a starting point.

The straight vertical sides are the width of waterhouse stop opening, and the bottom radius is that of the internal of the lens.

I have not yet had these cut, as waiting for the library to open again to get access for the 2D laser cutting table in the maker-space, but could farm them out to a shop that does laser, water jet, or abrasive 2D cutting.

Hope that is helpful,

Len

Kiwi7475
26-Jan-2021, 14:02
Kiwi,

I have done a drawing for a set for my Ross No 3 Universal that you are welcome to use as a starting point.

The straight vertical sides are the width of waterhouse stop opening, and the bottom radius is that of the internal of the lens.

I have not yet had these cut, as waiting for the library to open again to get access for the 2D laser cutting table in the maker-space, but could farm them out to a shop that does laser, water jet, or abrasive 2D cutting.

Hope that is helpful,

Len

This is a great starting point for me, thank you very much Len!!

Len Middleton
26-Jan-2021, 15:09
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Drew Bedo
31-Jan-2021, 07:06
I used heavy card stock to make a template.