PDA

View Full Version : Gibellini 8x10 Film Holders

Swami
23-Jan-2021, 03:48
Any have any experience with the Gibellini 8x10 film holders?

I've offered some used but haven't been able to find much information on them. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks!

md-photo
24-Jan-2021, 15:14
I have a Toyo View and a Gibellini 8X10 film holder for the Gibellini Bellatrix 810 camera. I don't see a drawback with the Gibellini holder vs. the Toyo View one.

sperdynamite
24-Jan-2021, 16:08
I can tell you that they don't fit in my Chamonix 810V.

Swami
25-Jan-2021, 01:56
Thanks for the replies! Useful to know that they don’t fit all Chamonix cameras.

Tin Can
25-Jan-2021, 05:26
It may be of interest here as to why they don't fit

Seems very odd that anybody would not use the standard dims when making new holders

I can tell you that they don't fit in my Chamonix 810V.

sperdynamite
25-Jan-2021, 17:09
It may be of interest here as to why they don't fit

Seems very odd that anybody would not use the standard dims when making new holders

Yes, it's very strange. They go in and fit slightly loosely on either side. Then the 'knub' does not seat in the groove, so when you attempt to pull out the dark slide the holder simply comes out instead.

Another contributor to my absolutely terrible experience with Gibellini. The Bellatrix was plagued by light leaks, though the holders fit. Then when I sold the damn Bellatrix I can't use the holders I purchased in my vastly superior camera. Allesandro at Gibellini simply said that they sell lots of cameras and never hear about any problems. Meanwhile everyone else I speak to who'd purchased something from them has one story or another. I even heard they left someone high and dry with a fundamentally flawed 20x24 camera. Who knows, maybe they've fixed their QC issues? I'd be curious to know how many returns or warranty issues Freestyle hears about.

rorye
26-Jan-2021, 18:20
I guess I've been lucky, I really like my early model Gibellini camera although I've never used his holders.

John Earley
2-Feb-2021, 14:46
I guess I've been lucky, I really like my early model Gibellini camera although I've never used his holders.

Likewise here.