PDA

View Full Version : Hetland School

Two23
20-Jan-2021, 20:33
Hetland, South Dakota

Lots of abandoned buildings in the small towns on the Northern Plains. It's been fairly warm this winter, usually above 20 F in the daytime. I don't have much trouble working out of my car and heated dark lab in these conditions. After doing wet plate for a year & half now I feel I'm consistently getting some decent images. It's taking me a lot less time to do it too. This was shot on 5x7 tin, Gundlach Korona camera, and my new Morrison Wide Angle FL=6 inch lens. It's a very nice lens!

Kent in SD

Tin Can
20-Jan-2021, 23:07
Like!

Ben Calwell
21-Jan-2021, 16:00
Hetland, South Dakota

Lots of abandoned buildings in the small towns on the Northern Plains. It's been fairly warm this winter, usually above 20 F in the daytime. I don't have much trouble working out of my car and heated dark lab in these conditions. After doing wet plate for a year & half now I feel I'm consistently getting some decent images. It's taking me a lot less time to do it too. This was shot on 5x7 tin, Gundlach Korona camera, and my new Morrison Wide Angle FL=6 inch lens. It's a very nice lens!

Kent in SD

That’s beautiful.

Keith Fleming
21-Jan-2021, 16:13
Excellent image. But I must admit that when I first saw the thumbnail image, I thought it was a pencil drawing. Glad I clicked on the thumbnail to see it larger.
Keith

Drew Wiley
21-Jan-2021, 16:44
Glad you got the shot, cause not many will be standing for much longer. You still sometimes see old schools like that out in Mormon sagebrush too.

Willie
21-Jan-2021, 18:52
Nice image. Good you can get out in the warm winter this year.

Some might find this one interesting. You can get it and photograph to your hearts content. No, I am not a realtor nor do I have anything to do with it. Just drive by every now & then.

https://www.oldhousedreams.com/2020/06/03/1904-school-webster-nd/

Have seen some really nice old schoolhouses and churches made into homes. Same with some classic old barns.

badler
24-Jan-2021, 06:03
Very nice plate.