PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosing over exposed band through the middle of negative

mooresean68
8-Jan-2021, 08:58
Hi Everyone,

Any pointers on techniques to discover where this band might be coming from?

So far, I have seen it happen with multiple lenses, multiple holders, vertical and horizontal back positions and always appearing through the middle, though it does shift based on the rise/fall of the front standard, which makes me believe it has to do with the body of the camera itself somewhere.

The apparatus itself is an Agfa/Ansco universal 5x7 with new bellows, and a lens adapter for linhof/technia style boards. One thing I haven't tried is a standard lens board to see if the adapter board is an issue.

Thanks
-Sean

Gary Beasley
8-Jan-2021, 09:01
Take the back off and shine a flashlight inside the camera to check that. Then put the back on and take the lensboard off and do the same from the front. Somethings not tight.

Tin Can
8-Jan-2021, 09:05
When you find it

Black Gaff tape

mooresean68
8-Jan-2021, 09:55
Thanks that spotted it!

Seems a pretty egregious leak! All across the top of the front bellows frame mating to the front standard and finding this in a normal light room (using the flashlight), I will have to get that fixed and take it into a dark room and go over it all to see if there are other trouble spots. I believe the issue is the corners of the new bellows have a little raised overlap/fold which pushes the frame bar off the front standard ever so slightly and tightening down the frame screws didn't get it done either, so off it'll come and maybe shave the corners down.

211279 211280

-Sean