PDA

View Full Version : Linhof grip does not seem to fit my Master Technika

bevdig
30-Dec-2020, 14:22
I just purchased a used hand grip for my MT and for the life of me I can't see how it can ever go on the side dovetails mounted to the side of the camera. Are there two different grip mounts?211000

Bob Salomon
30-Dec-2020, 14:29
Yes. One for the left side that comes with the cable release and the mounting plate that replaces the hand strap. The mounting plate was available in three different versions for 23, 45 and 57 cameras. They also changed the design of the mounting plate a few decades ago and newer grips would not properly fit the older plate.
The right hand grip comes without a cable release or hand strap and slides onto the E clip on the rangefinder housing.
Your picture is the left hand grip. Did it come with the mounting plate that it slides into? If not order one from a LInhof service center.

ChristopherMarv
30-Dec-2020, 14:44
Is there a lever on the grip like the one pictured, and is it rotated counter-clockwise?

bevdig
30-Dec-2020, 19:23
Yes. One for the left side that comes with the cable release and the mounting plate that replaces the hand strap. The mounting plate was available in three different versions for 23, 45 and 57 cameras. They also changed the design of the mounting plate a few decades ago and newer grips would not properly fit the older plate.
The right hand grip comes without a cable release or hand strap and slides onto the E clip on the rangefinder housing.
Your picture is the left hand grip. Did it come with the mounting plate that it slides into? If not order one from a LInhof service center.

Thanks Bob. I received only what is shown in the picture. On my MT itself there is a dovetail plate with a spring release in the middle, but I take it that is not what you meant by a "mounting plate". Please help me find a service center. BTW, I believe we might know each other from days long ago when I was writing articles for SINAR/Broncolor. Now I am a proud Linhof enthusiast.

bevdig
30-Dec-2020, 19:27
I might be missing what Bob Solomon calls the "mounting plate". There is clearly a piece missing in this situation.

Bob Salomon
30-Dec-2020, 19:59
Thanks Bob. I received only what is shown in the picture. On my MT itself there is a dovetail plate with a spring release in the middle, but I take it that is not what you meant by a "mounting plate". Please help me find a service center. BTW, I believe we might know each other from days long ago when I was writing articles for SINAR/Broncolor. Now I am a proud Linhof enthusiast.
That is the mounting plate, might be the wrong grip for your plate. You can check with Bob Watkins at Precision in CA or Rim at Nippon in NYC.

We probably do know each other though I represented Sinar and Broncolor at EPOI long, long time ago.

Corran
1-Jan-2021, 19:16
You have an older grip that doesn't work on the Master Technika. I have one just like it that attaches to my Technika IV perfectly.

My Master Technika grip is more squarish looking on the mount side of the grip.

I have no idea if the two different grip attachment parts on the IV and MT are exchangeable. It seems to me you're better off returning it and finding the correct grip for your MT.

bevdig
2-Jan-2021, 07:17
I had a feeling the grip was for an older version of the Technika. I appreciate the explanation and will return the item.

Embdude
9-Jan-2021, 22:22
I had a feeling the grip was for an older version of the Technika. I appreciate the explanation and will return the item.

The Technika LH grips are all the same since the beginning in 1955. I can use mine interchangeably between the Technika III, IV or Master (I don't have a V). Linhof made grips for other cameras but your photo shows one for a technika.

Perhaps you could show us the attachment plate as well?

211332 211333

The current attachment plate is a rectangle shape rather than a oval shape but it is purely cosmetic. the style changed in 1972 with the introduction of the Master Technika...

Embdude
9-Jan-2021, 22:38
Here is the current model with the squared off instead of oval edges...
http://linhof.com/en/formgriff-links/

AnetteB
15-Apr-2021, 05:57
Hi everyone, a Linhof newbie here (not new to photography, but to Linhof, and have not done LF photography in many years). Picked up a Master Technika a few days ago, and ordered online a grip. Can't figure it out. Does not seem to fit. I guess this is not the right grip for the plate on the camera? Or am I missing something? See photo attached. [ATTACH=CONFIG]214928[/ATTACH

Bob Salomon
15-Apr-2021, 11:17
Hi everyone, a Linhof newbie here (not new to photography, but to Linhof, and have not done LF photography in many years). Picked up a Master Technika a few days ago, and ordered online a grip. Can't figure it out. Does not seem to fit. I guess this is not the right grip for the plate on the camera? Or am I missing something? See photo attached. [ATTACH=CONFIG]214928[/ATTACH

You need either a new grip or a new plate. Plate is easier and much cheaper.

AnetteB
16-Apr-2021, 00:33
You need either a new grip or a new plate. Plate is easier and much cheaper.

Thank you for the very speedy reply! Not easy find this (old, apparently) plate, it seems. Seller agreed to take the grip back, so will take more care with the next order.