PDA

View Full Version : Light Straw Colored D-76 Powder

Kerosene Hat
20-Dec-2020, 18:06
Hi, some of my “fresh” D-76 has a light straw color and is a it thicker (possible humidity absorption?) thank usual. It doesn’t look far off, but I’m used to D76 being white and full of tiny crystals.

Would anyone give this a try, and is there a quick test to see if there are any issues, assuming the solution looks right ?very light straw color)?

Thanks in advance. Recent batch from a few months ago, crappy new packaging from Alaric.

Fred V
20-Dec-2020, 19:52
There is a 9-23-2020 post about this...hope that helps. I would attach but don't know how.

ChristopherMarv
21-Dec-2020, 05:48
I would describe the last batch of D-76 that I bought as "light cocoa" rather than light straw. ID-11 is a safe alternative. Can you describe the packaging? I'm curious.

Paul Ron
21-Dec-2020, 06:35
its normal. ive been using the stuff forever n never had a clear batch yet.

Kerosene Hat
21-Dec-2020, 18:50
Thanks, all. The packaging is the new taller/thinner Kodak bag with a white back...tons more space than the old stuff used to ship in.

I guess I can mix up a batch and see. My last jug of stock solution was from this purchase and package but I wasn’t sure if some oxidation had occurred since (new packaging is super thin-putting them inside plastic bags with Desai any move forward).