PDA

View Full Version : Don't sell to "Delaware" without looking at the address

goamules
20-Dec-2020, 08:06
https://badbuyerlist.org/buyer/2efc452796f2e37e48e98ee5

Good to know a Chinese "front" is allowed to operate year after year in America, scamming ebay sellers, and no investigation. These scams are why I stopped selling after many successful years.

Leszek Vogt
20-Dec-2020, 14:20
Thanks for that, Garrett. My larger issue is with flee-the-bay itself.....lack of phone support. Their accounting (for some reason) is unable/unwilling to adjust my data....in order to even make a transaction. I've even send them a note via P.O.....and NADA.

Les

jp
20-Dec-2020, 16:07
There are places west coast and east coast that do this (re-ship items to other countries). Sometimes it's legit (so seller does not have to deal with customs or international shipping). But it's too easy to be used by scammers to have a fake address to scam the people who only want to sell to US addresses. The poor tracking systems involved in overseas purchases makes it impossible to cost effectively track or return an item, so seller is at fault even when they are not.

Jim Noel
20-Dec-2020, 17:20
More good reasons to stop making deals over that site. Haven't done so in years.

drj52
20-Dec-2020, 19:33
There are places west coast and east coast that do this (re-ship items to other countries). Sometimes it's legit (so seller does not have to deal with customs or international shipping). But it's too easy to be used by scammers to have a fake address to scam the people who only want to sell to US addresses. The poor tracking systems involved in overseas purchases makes it impossible to cost effectively track or return an item, so seller is at fault even when they are not.

If an eBay buyer uses a reshipper, the seller’s responsibility for delivery ends when the item reaches the reshipper’s address. The quality of overseas tracking is irrelevant.

vnukov_pk
21-Dec-2020, 02:23
I use a reshipper to send parcels to my home in Russia and find it better in terms of dealing with customs, delivery time and competitive prices. I have had troubles with fedex unable to deliver goods to me before. Having said that I understand that there are a lot of unfair users on that big auction site.

Chuck Pere
21-Dec-2020, 07:30
I wonder what happens when a scam seller sells to a scam buyer?

BrianShaw
21-Dec-2020, 08:46
I wonder what happens when a scam seller sells to a scam buyer?

The scams cancel and it becomes a legitimate sale.

Willie
21-Dec-2020, 12:31
If an eBay buyer uses a reshipper, the seller’s responsibility for delivery ends when the item reaches the reshipper’s address. The quality of overseas tracking is irrelevant.

Try using that one if a dispute arises with the buyer making a claim of some sort.
Ebay often does not stand by the sellers.

jp
21-Dec-2020, 13:54

Part of my job is internet security and I'm sometimes thinking up jaded scenarios where I think like the bad guy... Not saying it will go this way....

I could forsee the buyer claiming shipping damage to the box, contents damaged.. Going through multiple shipping companies, there's no way to track down the issue and shipping companies could be pointing fingers until it takes ebay or paypal to resolve it... Might not even be a scam. In which case, it will not work out in the seller's favor.. There are also shipping companies in Miami and southern area which provide reshipping to South and Central America and the Caribbean. Buyers will say they have a friend in Florida they want it shipped to.

I also buy things from Japan, $40k at a time, where it goes through multiple shipping companies... For example Japan Airlines to Yusen to customs to a delivery company in the USA... Sometimes things are damaged, and since I pay one shipping bill to import agent, the buck stops there.. They can investigate with each company where the damage happened. Examples include forklift holes through boxes, etc... I keep security footage of it being unloaded off the truck and taken off the pallet here, so i can show that I didn't do the damage.

drj52
21-Dec-2020, 17:19
Try using that one if a dispute arises with the buyer making a claim of some sort.
Ebay often does not stand by the sellers.

I have, and they did. Once the item is reshipped, the seller is off the hook.

OKAROB
21-Dec-2020, 18:40
I always search the address and look at photos of the delivery address. Just looking at the photo’s of the delivery address can be scary enough to not ship. There was a DE address I refused to ship to because there was no signage on the building and there was grass growing in the parking lot. A search on the address I could not confirm to whom I was shipping to. I also don’t ship if they ask to changed the delivery address from the confirmed address.

OKAROB
21-Dec-2020, 19:04
As to the original subject, if you read the link it’s about the ‘same zip code’ scam. In that example the seller was scammed. I have been scammed as a buyer by the same scam. I lost the dispute because the tracking said it was delivered and the shipping company will not share the address information that the package was delivered to. They would only confirm the town it was delivered to. The buyer protection is useless. They then remove the negative feedback so I could not even warn other buyers or sellers.

Always check the sellers reviews and be extra cautious with buyers and sellers with negative reviews or too few reviews

HMG
22-Dec-2020, 08:22
I always search the address and look at photos of the delivery address. Just looking at the photo’s of the delivery address can be scary enough to not ship. There was a DE address I refused to ship to because there was no signage on the building and there was grass growing in the parking lot. A search on the address I could not confirm to whom I was shipping to. I also don’t ship if they ask to changed the delivery address from the confirmed address.

If selling through ebay, it can be difficult to justify cancelling a sale because you don't like the delivery address. Though I suppose you could claim another reason. As to confirmed addresses on paypal, I agree.

As to the original subject, if you read the link it’s about the ‘same zip code’ scam. In that example the seller was scammed. I have been scammed as a buyer by the same scam. I lost the dispute because the tracking said it was delivered and the shipping company will not share the address information that the package was delivered to. They would only confirm the town it was delivered to. The buyer protection is useless. They then remove the negative feedback so I could not even warn other buyers or sellers.

Always check the sellers reviews and be extra cautious with buyers and sellers with negative reviews or too few reviews

My first thought was that tracking clearly shows the address but you're right. Both USPS and Fedex ground just showed the town and zip code.

drj52
22-Dec-2020, 13:22

While it's true that a shipper won't tell you where an item is delivered, it may be possible to get a document from them stating that it was NOT delivered to you, which eBay will accept if you appeal the case. You can also file with PayPal, if you paid through them, and with your credit card company, if you paid with CC (which is highly recommended).

alexvaras
24-Dec-2020, 00:58
As someone said before, for Russia there is no better deal at the moment, in 2-3 weeks I receive the parcel.
I have used it in this and others forums as well auction site.

dabsond
24-Dec-2020, 19:08
25 minute drive from me. Would be interesting to check out the address.

alexvaras
25-Dec-2020, 00:41
I just checked my address, there is a nice house in a suburb area.