PDA

View Full Version : Light tent film developing with monobath

campy
19-Dec-2020, 10:41
I don't have an area that I can make light tight without spending a lot of time doing it, so this is what I tried and wonder if anybody else tried. I took a 5x7 shot and placed a 5x7 tray inside a light tent with some D96 monobath and developed the film. I had mixed a result but it looks promising, so I'm wondering before I use waste another 5x7 film if anybody else is doing this? I think my problem was not enough monobath in the tray so I don't think it developed enough.

Vaughn
19-Dec-2020, 11:12
I have read here of people developing in papersafes. Once you get the film into it, you could dispense with the tent. Not familar with monobaths other than the Type 55 film and I did not have to deal with it directly.

campy
19-Dec-2020, 13:26
I tried a paper safe once and it leaked.

Ironage
19-Dec-2020, 13:31
I have never used a monobath, but I like the idea. It should work well for you, but make sure you keep the correct time, temperature, and agitation, and you should be able to get it right.

Two23
19-Dec-2020, 13:33
Just get a Stearman Press SP-810. You can easily load it in a tent, then everything else can be done on your kitchen counter or where ever. These are fool proof and you can do 4x5 and 8x10 in them as well.

https://shop.stearmanpress.com/products/sp-8x10-daylight-processing-tray

Kent in SD

mitrajoon
19-Dec-2020, 16:39
When I first started I spray painted a plastic container black and did "tray development" in a film changing bag. (Yes, I said bag). It worked, but as someone suggested, the Stearman tanks are well worth the expense.