PDA

View Full Version : Certificate Expired

Ken Lee
25-Nov-2020, 06:26
On Windows 10 and MacOS Big Sur, my web browsers by default won't let me into the forum, complaining that its certificate has expired.

schafphoto
25-Nov-2020, 09:01
Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel.E
25-Nov-2020, 11:13
Same, it says that "Expired: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 7:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time"

Mark Sawyer
25-Nov-2020, 11:41
Yup, I got it too.

LF_Alex
25-Nov-2020, 12:28
I can only open it in Opera, Chrome or Safari won't let me open forum due to expired SSL certificate,

It did expire this morning:

<Name(CN=www.largeformatphotography.info)> <Name(C=US,O=DigiCert Inc,OU=www.digicert.com,CN=RapidSSL RSA CA 2018)> 2020-11-25 12:00:00

If you need help with getting or installing new SSL certificate - please don't hesitate to reach out to me, I do this for a living :)

rdenney
25-Nov-2020, 13:57
We are working on it. By we, I mean Ralph and Tom, and maybe QT. Certificate issues are a pain to deal with.

Rick "with too little expertise on that topic to be helpful" Denney

Ari
25-Nov-2020, 17:08
Opens in Safari for me, at least now. It didn't this morning.

Tom Westbrook
25-Nov-2020, 17:35
Sorry for the downtime folks! The certificate has been renewed, so we should be back up for everyone. If anyone is still having problems try restarting your browser.

Leszek Vogt
25-Nov-2020, 17:41
Thanks Tom....glad that's fixed. Not long ago my Firefox flared up it's nostrils....and I was wondering whaaaa ?

Les

Dugan
25-Nov-2020, 18:03
Thanks for fixing the issue!....I was going through withdrawals. :)

John Layton
25-Nov-2020, 18:43
Whew...that was scary!

LF_Alex
25-Nov-2020, 21:31
You can look into using LetsEncrypt, it's free SSL certificate and you can setup a process where it's automatically renewed. Making it completely hands-off process :)

grat
25-Nov-2020, 21:40
Also, since this site by and large doesn't handle "confidential" data, it might be worth modifying the HSTS policy to be a little less draconian.

I understand the "strict enforcement of SSL", but it burns me a bit that a perfectly valid SSL chain that's been expired for less than 24 hours, can't be overridden by the user-- unless you know the "thisisunsafe" trick, which again, because of the strict settings on HSTS, has to be re-entered for nearly every page.

It's also possible that outside of LF_Alex and myself, no one understands a single bloody thing I said. :)

Tin Can
25-Nov-2020, 22:29
Yay team!

Very glad LFPF is back up!

Vaughn
25-Nov-2020, 23:43
First World problems...:cool:

Mark Sawyer
25-Nov-2020, 23:54
It was all a hoax! Fake certificates are the Reptilians' way of controlling our minds! Spots on your negatives are caused by having sex with demons in your dreams! Watch You-Tube for the real truth!

...oops, sorry. 2020 got the better of me for a moment there.

LF_Alex
26-Nov-2020, 17:13
Also, since this site by and large doesn't handle "confidential" data, it might be worth modifying the HSTS policy to be a little less draconian.

I understand the "strict enforcement of SSL", but it burns me a bit that a perfectly valid SSL chain that's been expired for less than 24 hours, can't be overridden by the user-- unless you know the "thisisunsafe" trick, which again, because of the strict settings on HSTS, has to be re-entered for nearly every page.

It's also possible that outside of LF_Alex and myself, no one understands a single bloody thing I said. :)

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Ralph Barker
28-Nov-2020, 07:06
It should be noted that the "strict enforcement of SSL" is done by the Firefox browser, and, perhaps, others, not the LFPF

Jody_S
28-Nov-2020, 07:40
Once again, thank you to the people who do the hard work of keeping the forum running.

And one of the things I like about LF is that nothing is ever urgent.

Ralph Barker
29-Nov-2020, 23:22
Once again, thank you to the people who do the hard work of keeping the forum running.

And one of the things I like about LF is that nothing is ever urgent.

I'll thank you for the comment tomorrow, or in the next few days. ;-)

Tin Can
30-Nov-2020, 00:08
Night shift humor

I'll thank you for the comment tomorrow, or in the next few days. ;-)