PDA

View Full Version : Storage device for 8x10 unexposed film

Dimmi
21-Nov-2020, 14:34
Hi everybody,
Sometime ago i have seen on b and h kind of a box for film sheets. Like a dispenser where you put all your film sheets and take from it in the darkroom to load a holder. Now this device is not anymore in the shop. Who does understand what I am about, or maybe remember the name/producer of this tool, please advice. Thanks.

What are other ways to store unexposed film before loading the holder? I feel it’s inconvenient to deal with the original packaging and to take it from there.

Tin Can
21-Nov-2020, 15:38
Paper or Film Safe

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=paper%20safe&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma

ericantonio
21-Nov-2020, 20:43
Huh, after so many years I never thought of putting my film in a paper safe!

Well, what do you know! Always something learning here.

Tin Can
22-Nov-2020, 05:49
The ones sold on B&H used to be just 'Paper Safes'

Now they are listed as both

I have 4 sizes bought new, and just a few years ago they were cheaper

Adorama still calls them only Paper Safes

and one member here calls them developing trays

but they won't be easy to clean and may not last long as tray

ericantonio
22-Nov-2020, 08:32
The ones sold on B&H used to be just 'Paper Safes'

Now they are listed as both

Are they built differently from when it used to be just paper safes? Like are the baffles or light proofing bends different? I've used it before at work as a paper safe but we used it mostly for RC and contact sheets. Fiber paper we kept in the boxes.

Tin Can
22-Nov-2020, 08:49
No idea, but I have stored cut film in mine for years

Read this

http://store.khbphotografix.com/Premier-8-x-11-Paper-Safe-Papersafe.html

Are they built differently from when it used to be just paper safes? Like are the baffles or light proofing bends different? I've used it before at work as a paper safe but we used it mostly for RC and contact sheets. Fiber paper we kept in the boxes.