PDA

View Full Version : Developed Negatives - GreenCast

gmfotografie
19-Nov-2020, 00:38
Hi Guys!

I get my negatives back from the lab --- Can I ask you why a complete neutral scann of the negatives gives me a totally green Picture?
Portra 160

all the Best Michael

see here two portra films developed by the lab ( photo taken with the iphone and flash - bad quality - but you can see the color diff.)

koraks
19-Nov-2020, 05:51
Just to be sure - the negative wasn't inadvertently exposed to red light, was it?
How does the negative look?
Who scanned it and how?

Bernard_L
19-Nov-2020, 07:15
What exactly do you call:

"a complete neutral scann of the negatives" ?
Store or home scan? When I scan a color negative I "inform" the software (vuescan) of what the filmbase looks like, and what a neutral gray card (shot on same roll, same light quality) looks like. At least black looks black and neutral gray looks neutral gray. This takes care of obvious casts. There are many other ways to proceed, don't want to argue. Of course, if you take a pic of gray card under sun + fluffy clouds, and then take another pic deep in a forest there will be a green cast. Crossover is another story, but not your problem right there.
Had a look at your Instagram pictures; some of them have a slight cyan-ish cast, less pronounced than in the pic that you attached, but similar.

ic-racer
19-Nov-2020, 08:27
Looks like a transparency on my computer monitor. If that is a negative, something is really messed up. What color are the edge markings?

gmfotografie
19-Nov-2020, 12:17
bad quality but you can see the diff between a 120 film and the 4x5 negative - same lab ... this must be development problem or ?

Jim Noel
19-Nov-2020, 21:56
Time to process your own.