PDA

View Full Version : In Search of Spirit ~ The Fifty Year Journey of Kenro Izu

Craig Alan Huber
18-Nov-2020, 13:21
If you already know of Kenro's work, this may interest you.
If you do not know Kenro's work, it is worth a look, as he is truly one of the current masters.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kenroizu50/in-search-of-spirit-the-fifty-year-journey-of-kenro-izu

There are two new books coming out from Veritas Editions featuring Kenro's work, and the Kickstarter campaign has both prints and books available at substantial discounts.

Jim Becia
18-Nov-2020, 17:16
Good luck with this project. (Have pledged.) So I hope it succeeds.

Craig Alan Huber
19-Nov-2020, 12:48
Good luck with this project. (Have pledged.) So I hope it succeeds.

Thanks for the support, Jim! these books will be beautiful (if funded)...

Vaughn
19-Nov-2020, 13:32
Great video - besides his images, I loved the way he was counting out drops of platinum (I assume), even after 20+ years of Pt/pd printing I do not think I could be so easy about it -- and the shield within the tray to prevent the developer from splashing out of the tray (and allows quick easy pouring)...might steal that idea someday.

Hugo Zhang
19-Nov-2020, 13:49
Too bad kickstarter won't take Paypal. Otherwise I would love to spend $75. Kenro Izu is one of my favorite photographers and I have several of his books already.

Jim Fitzgerald
19-Nov-2020, 17:56
The work is stunning. I have pledged as well.

Jim Becia
15-Dec-2020, 07:33
Craig, I was happy to see that you succeeded with this. Congratulations!

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
17-Dec-2022, 12:06
I received In Search of Spirit: The Fifty Year Journey of Kenro Izu yesterday afternoon. Thank you Craig, it is beautiful and so well crafted. Well worth the wait!