PDA

View Full Version : 3DPrinted cameras query

andreios
4-Nov-2020, 04:18
Hi everyone,
I have been mostly out of the game for a time - I mean, I did shoot occasionally, developed and printed less than than but completely skipped the internet-side of the photography - forums etc. Did I miss something? I think I did! Besides the often necessary dose of inspiration and encouragement to go out (and go down to the darkroom) to make pictures, I apparently missed the current trend with 3D printed cameras - one that I discovered today and regret not seeing it earlier is the malefic 6x17 camera. But I see various ones in various formats.
I understand that they may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I see some folks using them, so I wanted to ask - what are your experiences with them - how they are "friendly" to shoot, how precise or durable they are, etc. I do not think of them as a replacement for the more "proper" cameras, but in my mind - and I would like you to prove me right or wrong - I see some potential in them as a simple lightweight setup - lets say for hiking with kids / dog when having a full rig might not be convenient...
Or are there any other important points about these things that I am missing?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts...