PDA

View Full Version : hong kong source for view camera lens

Brian Danieli
21-Feb-2000, 16:05
need a reliable hong kong source for the purchase of view camera lens

Natha Congdon
22-Feb-2000, 01:03
New Sankyo, email newsanky@hkstar.com. Best prices in the world, very reliable in my experience. They're on Nathan Road.

Good luck,

Nathan

Robert Anderson
22-Feb-2000, 16:08
I just received from a friend in HK this suggestion, they said that these people are reliable. Please let me know if they work out, as I probably will not buy through them until April or so.

Tin Cheung Camera Company G26 Tung Ying Bldg., 100 Nathan Road, TST, Kowloon Tel: (852) 2368 7699 / 2722 1265 Fax: (852) 2722 1043 Attn. Jennifer

Hope this helps.

Sergey Zhupanov
22-Feb-2000, 22:12
I second the recommendation for New Sankyo Camera -- I dealt with them more than 5 times. Here are their complete coordinates:

New Sankyo Camera Co Ltd Shop G-19 Golden Mile Holiday Inn 50 Nathan Road Kowloon, HONG KONG

Email to: newsanky@hkstar.com Tel : (852) 2367 0350, (852) 2369 9491 Fax : (852) 2739 2932

Bill Glickman
24-Feb-2000, 07:49
Out of curiosity, how much better is pricing in Hong Kong? Any examples?

Edie
25-Feb-2000, 18:59
Sankyo Company, Hong Kong

I had them price the Schneider Super Angulon 75mm f/5.6 and Super Angulon XL 72mm f/5.6. Both were in the $900s. B&H Price 1348.00 and 1,532.00, respectively.

dontbuyfromhongkong
3-Jul-2008, 00:00
Guys,
Don't ever buy from New Sankyo, here's how they cheated.
I went there in person to buy a camera.
When asked, they said the item was under warranty for 6 months internationally, and for 1 year in Hong Kong.
When I went there 5 months later, they said their warranty is valid for 3 months only.

The repair cost me around a 100 bucks (US Dollars).

Here's the Sony's explanation:

Hong Kong merchants buy the out-dated products, i.e., factory responsibility ends 1 year after the production date. If you buy a product and if it fails after 1 year of production, it's not Sony's responsibility to fix it. And if you don't have the warranty card, signed by the seller, you're on your own.

New Sankyo didn't give any warranty card or an official invoice. (I asked for it, they simply don't give it. They say bring it back if anything happens, we'll fix it for free for 1 year)
And most of all they lied at the time of purchase by saying the item is under warranty for 1 year from the date of sale.

I personally, will never and ever buy any single item from Hong Kong again.
Just keep in mind, and don't get surprised when it happens to you.
God bless the USA.

Martin D.
3-Jul-2008, 04:19
Shops on the Nathan road are well known for extremely aggresive marketing. If you decide to buy whatever, make sure you keep the item in sight. It can happen that when you open the box at home, the item isnt there. You also need to make sure that they include everything that should get included. Again, it can happen to you that if you e.g. buy an electronics item, the battery wont be included or so.

As you walk on the Nathan road there will be a bunch of people trying to sell you "copy watch" that looks very much like the latest Rolex for about 2USD. Or a tailor made suit or mobile phone for unbelievable prices.

On the other hand, the "copy watches" are made of fine chinese recyclable plastic. ;)