PDA

View Full Version : personalized search

Wayne
25-Oct-2020, 10:33
I used to have a saved search that ignored posts from the forums that I don't read. It got lost somewhere and I don't remember how to set it up again.

personaliZED. Cant edit title.

Ralph Barker
25-Oct-2020, 16:58
Back in 2006, Tom found a plug-in that allowed customizing which sub-forums were included in a "New Posts" search. The plug-in worked with the version of vBulletin that existed in 2006, but wasn't updated for subsequent versions, so that feature is no longer available.

Wayne
25-Oct-2020, 17:16
Oh. Bummer. That sucks. Somebody needs to write a new one.

Peter Mounier
25-Oct-2020, 21:39
Each forum has a number designation. For example the “Announcements” forum is number 15, as seen in this search thread ...

largeformatphotography.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?15-Announcements

And the “For sale” forum is number 27, as seen here ...
largeformatphotography.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?27-For-Sale-For-Traded

So if you want to search for all the new threads posted in the last 30 days, but exclude the Announcements and For Sale forums you would use this search thread (note the excluded forums are the numbers at the end of the thread. Substitute the numbers for the forums you want to exclude from your search)

largeformatphotography.info/forum/search.php?&do=getdaily&days=30&exclude=15,27
I had to exclude the https://www. at the beginning of the string so the forum software wouldn’t abbreviate the link so add that back to the front of the string to make it work.

And you may have to copy and paste that search thread if you want to bookmark it.

Wayne
26-Oct-2020, 07:58
Each forum has a number designation. For example the “Announcements” forum is number 15, as seen in this search thread ...

largeformatphotography.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?15-Announcements

And the “For sale” forum is number 27, as seen here ...
largeformatphotography.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?27-For-Sale-For-Traded

So if you want to search for all the new threads posted in the last 30 days, but exclude the Announcements and For Sale forums you would use this search thread (note the excluded forums are the numbers at the end of the thread. Substitute the numbers for the forums you want to exclude from your search)

largeformatphotography.info/forum/search.php?&do=getdaily&days=30&exclude=15,27
I had to exclude the https://www. at the beginning of the string so the forum software wouldn’t abbreviate the link so add that back to the front of the string to make it work.

And you may have to copy and paste that search thread if you want to bookmark it.

Sweet. I think that's what I was forgetting/remembering.