PDA

View Full Version : St. Peter Lutheran Church

Two23
24-Oct-2020, 20:53
St. Peter Lutheran Church
Union County, SD
Because of the snow storm moving in from the west today, I didn't go very far. I headed south on I-29 to a large country church I haven't photo'd before. It was warmer there (+28 F) and it would be awhile before the snow reached it. I used the iron/copper developer for the first time. This one was pretty clean and I'm encouraged. I might go back tomorrow and dial exposure in a little better if it isn't snowing. It's a bitch to do wet plate when it's snowing!) Kodak 2D 8x10, Darlot wide angle lens c.1870s.

Kent in SD

Jim Noel
24-Oct-2020, 21:18
I like the lowered contrast of the church. It gives the appearance of being distant, perhaps through time.

Zaseder
4-Jan-2022, 06:37
I'm looking at this photo, and I'm trying to figure out if it's even possible to compare photographs stylized in "antique" and ordinary color photography. Because the shades of iron and copper that you used clearly make you think more about the history of this church. Perhaps my imagination is too flexible, but I immediately imagine how this church lived 200-300 years ago. I would like to try to invite my like-minded people from firstchurchlove.com (https://firstchurchlove.com) to make a couple of photo projects. I think many will be interested in the history of the old churches in our area.