PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a recessed lens board for the Fuji Fujinon SW 90mm F8?

avazphoto
22-Oct-2020, 12:03
Hi everyone!

This is my first post here. I've been photographing professionally (34mm) for more than 20 years but currently I'm doing a PhD and not photographing much.

I decided to get myself an Intrepid Camera (just for fun) and I just ordered the Fuji Fujinon SW 90mm F8. I already have the Fujinon 180 F5.6.

My initial plan was to buy the camera from a friend who ordered one to shot som wet plates but decided no to go forward because of the toxicity of chemicals. I did get his camera but the focus plate wasn't working and I turned it back...

I'm going to order a new one from the intrepid site and I'm not sure if I can get their lens board or if a need a recessed one?

Thanks in advance

Alex

aphcl84
22-Oct-2020, 14:37
You don't need one, but a recessed board will allow more movements than a flat board if you need them. A 75mm does require a recessed board.

Per Madsen
23-Oct-2020, 02:32
I have my 90 mm 8.0 Nikor on a ½ inch recessed board and it have better movements (on my Toyo AII) than my 90 mm 8.0 Super Angulon, which are on a flat board.