PDA

View Full Version : My Howtek HiResolve8000 got tough with me

Steven Ruttenberg
17-Oct-2020, 02:48
Actually, m or ankle reconstruction so I can hike and walk without falling down every other step. Means I can't scan/develop film or take pictures for 6 weeks. No weight allowed at all. If all goes right 2-3 months reconstruct right one. Already had shoulders fixed. Gym time then image time.

Right now pain meds are my friends :(. Forgive the typos :)

I do have several scans I hope to work on at some point.

Tin Can
17-Oct-2020, 05:51
Have a good recovery

btw, that is a picture you just showed us!

I still vividly recall my 6 weeks on the 3rd floor after my bike spit me off

without painkiller and one puff of weed showed me it enhances pain...

Steven Ruttenberg
25-Oct-2020, 05:38
Pain killers are our friends. However, I can't stand the way they make you feel. No question they absolutely work, but the lethargy and turning your #2 into concrete sucks. Therefore, I am done with them after 5 days! After that, I will only take one if pain is at 10 or worse.

I am so glad I don't have an addictive personally.

Steven Ruttenberg
25-Oct-2020, 05:40
Now I have a green cast. Next week it will be red.

What kind of bike chewed you up?

Alan Klein
25-Oct-2020, 06:01
Hi Steve, sorry you're going through this. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Jim Andrada
26-Oct-2020, 00:28
+1 on wishes for a speedy recovery. I had a new knee a few years back and for some reason (ie a lot of metal in the back where they wanted to put the nerve block) I didn't get the block - it was not nice. I have the greatest sympathy for anyone having orthopedic "alterations"

Be careful and do what they tell you - things can ALWAYS get worse. By the way, my doc recommended marijuana for back pain but I found that a nice cup of hot milk and Irish Whiskey was a better analgesic. And re the "concrete" the rehab center I was in for a couple of weeks after the back repair had a brew of hot milk and prune juice that might be worth a try. Beyond that you might try Citrate of Magnesia. Or just ask them to suddenly flip the hospital bill open before your eyes - that should scare the .... well you get the idea.

grat
26-Oct-2020, 09:19
Pain killers are our friends.

Be glad they're friendly to you. Most opioid painkillers are totally useless for me, as I lack the enzyme to activate them.

Good luck and a speedy recovery.

Tin Can
26-Oct-2020, 10:15
1964 Norton Electra (https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-british-motorcycles/classic-norton-motorcycles/1963-norton-electra-zm0z18jfzhur), which I rode often no hands, throttle set, many rural miles even over railroad tracks, turning gentle curves. Very stable...

A sunny morning 1 mile one handed, a speed wobble that tossed me off. I rolled the fall onto my back, clearing my helmetless head. While still sliding in a t shirt, I noticed a fast approaching car. I put my bare hands down to slow me, that really hurt. Quicking jumping up, ran off the road, discovering my broken foot, my broken arm, lot of road rash. 5 fractures.

Jim was right behind me, as he stopped I said go shut the bike off, Then into an ambulance, quickly in and out of ER with 2 big casts and home before shock wore off. Jim went back to ER and got pain pills. 1976. The bike had a slightly bent front fender, no other dents or scratches. The old Brit bikes were tough.

2 years later I rode my BMW R75/5 into a tree. Knocked out, woke up in the arms of an angel that nobody saw, except me. That bike was totaled. I was OK. 55 scalp stitches.

I still ride, maybe this was my last year. I will keep a Sportster regardless, it's far better than any of my 6 Nortons.

Now I have a green cast. Next week it will be red.

What kind of bike chewed you up?

Steven Ruttenberg
26-Oct-2020, 17:07
Thanks all. Perhaps you shouldn't ride bikes anymore. :)

Absinthe numbs you pretty good!

Tin Can
27-Oct-2020, 04:51
I love riding anything on 2 or 3 wheels. Hate cages

I will be getting a yard bike

Thanks all. Perhaps you shouldn't ride bikes anymore. :)

Absinthe numbs you pretty good!

Steven Ruttenberg
28-Oct-2020, 19:19
Lawnmower!