PDA

View Full Version : Custom Wet plate holder and Lens Board needed

Snapper1
29-Sep-2020, 05:08
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum and I am relatively new to Wet Plate Collodion. I have just purchased a beautiful 12x10 Ross Camera. I have to say I'm overjoyed with it. My intention is to use it for Wet Plate Collodion photography. However, the plate holders that came with the camera are set up for the dry plate process. They are in such fantastic original condition (as is the whole camera) that I do not want to convert them to a wet plate. Therefore I would love help sourcing someone that can custom make me some wet plate holders with step-down inserts and additionally a couple of lens boards. I'm based in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

Tin Can
29-Sep-2020, 05:33
Welcome to the forum

I love my Chroma Camera UK 5X7 wet or dry holder

https://chroma.camera/product-category/wet-plate-holders/

Snapper1
29-Sep-2020, 06:49
Thanks for the tip. I'll drop them an email.

peter schrager
29-Sep-2020, 12:36
Thanks for the tip. I'll drop them an email.
don't count on them fitting your camera though....you're better of contacting Richard Ritter who can either convert the back for those holders or make you holders for the camera...good luck

Snapper1
29-Sep-2020, 14:34
don't count on them fitting your camera though....you're better of contacting Richard Ritter who can either convert the back for those holders or make you holders for the camera...good luck

Thanks Peter. Very much appreciated.

Nodda Duma
29-Sep-2020, 16:27
Chroma makes custom size holders and will fit your camera if you give him dimensions. I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

Jimi
30-Sep-2020, 00:15
Welcome to the forum!

Since you are in the UK, ask Mark Voce. -> vocecameras.com

I can recommend his work.

Tin Can
30-Sep-2020, 03:37
Wow!

Welcome to the forum!

Since you are in the UK, ask Mark Voce. -> vocecameras.com

I can recommend his work.

Snapper1
1-Oct-2020, 21:35
Thanks for the advice everyone. It’s very much appreciated.

MilesLilley
3-Dec-2021, 06:18
Any recomendations for someone in the EU who will make a custome made plate holder?

-Miles

cp_photo
3-Dec-2021, 12:11
Svedovsky cameras of Poland ( http://svedovsky.com/accessories/wet-plate-holders/ ) . I recently received a very nice 11x14 wet/dry plate holder from them.
Any recomendations for someone in the EU who will make a custome made plate holder?

-Miles

Mark Sawyer
3-Dec-2021, 12:19
You might be able to trim down an old wooden 8x10 back to fit the existing back the same way your 10x12 plate holders do. Then you could use standard 8x10 film holders which are easily converted for many wet plate sizes, though you'd obviously miss the 10x12 size.