PDA

View Full Version : Ilford Japan Platinum printing supplies

cp_photo
3-Sep-2020, 13:24
I was intrigued to see that Ilford Japan is apparently making platinum printing kits/supplies:

"In addition to other well-known sources for fine print chemicals, ILFORD Japan has recently launched a chemical and paper kit to create platinum prints. Not only can the classical method of creating platinum prints with original large format negatives be realised, but with the help of ILFORD products it is also possible to create a digital negative from digital photos and to print them using an inkjet printer. In this way, ILFORD even provides digital photographers the opportunity to immortalise themselves with fine light-prints."

I wonder if these kits will be available in North America? I wasn't aware there was a separate Ilford Japan.

From Jobo website at https://www.jobo.com/analog/artisan-platinum-printer

Vaughn
3-Sep-2020, 17:07
Heard about them a while ago...but no plans for a US market as I recall. You can get a similar kit or help to put one together from Bostick and Sullivan in Sante Fe, NM. The processing chemicals are the same...Ammonium citrate developer and EDTA for clearing (although I use Kodak HCA with a little EDTA added).

The possible variations are countless with the process, but such a kit would be a nice way to get off the ground.

Scott Davis
3-Sep-2020, 17:11
I'd also love to see the Jobo UV exposure unit available here!

cp_photo
5-Sep-2020, 12:44
I know it is possible to make such an UV exposure unit oneself, or find one cheaper than the Jobo one, but I like that unit also.

mschulz
5-Sep-2020, 20:34

Probably just a matter of time until Catlabs will have it available in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk