PDA

View Full Version : Remove Ektar 127mm from a lens board

gachisvision
26-Aug-2020, 07:59
Hi,

I've just acquired a Kodak Ektar 127mm lens, and this is the lens board attached, anyone had any idea on how I can remove it ?
It's strange...

Dugan
26-Aug-2020, 08:19
It looks like someone used a flange, reversed, as a retaining ring, and painted over it.
I am assuming that the locating screw is preventing you from unscrewing the shutter from the board...
If it were mine, I'd clamp the lens board down in a vise, horizontally, and work on rotating the flange counterclockwise to loosen it...using needle nose pliers in the screw holes, after protecting the aperture and shutter blades in case of slippage. YMMV.

Jim Andrada
29-Aug-2020, 02:07
I think I might try some paint stripper - carefully!!!. I'd probably use an artist brush or q-tip to just run a little around the edge of the flange and maybe a bit in the holes in the flange, Then try to rotate the flange. A lens wrench would be a good idea but the pliers might work. But tape a piece of cardboard or plastic or something over the back of the lens cell to protect it first.

I don't remember these Supermatics having a locating screw - just looked at a couple of mine and don't see a screw - probably just stuck in there - you might try to rotate the shutter a little more energetically but I'd start with the paint stripper. (Mine is held in the same way with the flange as a retainer but I didn't paint over it.)