PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Cams - Special Tool Needed?

LFLarry
24-Aug-2020, 11:06
Is a special tool needed to remove a cam from a Linhof Technika camera?

sharktooth
24-Aug-2020, 11:28
On a 4x5 Technika IV or newer, no special tool is required. That's as long as it's in normal working condition (not rusted or seized). I assume that also holds true for the Technika III, but I don't know for sure. It does requires a bit of force to pull it out, since there needs to be some friction to keep it from becoming loose in it's normal environment. That being said, you should be able to do it easily by hand without need of pliers.

Bob Salomon
24-Aug-2020, 11:40
Return the front standard into the body. Extend the focusing tracks, pull out the cam.

This is for the 45 and 57. It’s different for the 23.

LFLarry
24-Aug-2020, 13:30
Thank you Bob. It worked. Much appreciated.

Return the front standard into the body. Extend the focusing tracks, pull out the cam.

Gregg Cook
11-Nov-2020, 19:31

Thank you so much Bob. Helped me too.

Bob Salomon
11-Nov-2020, 20:17
Thank you so much Bob. Helped me too.

If dropping the bed make sure you pull out the cam before dropping it or you will bend the cam.

wyofilm
11-Nov-2020, 23:45
If dropping the bed make sure you pull out the cam before dropping it or you will bend the cam.

Thanks for the info ... I didn't know that.

LabRat
12-Nov-2020, 01:10
I don't use the RF with my Tek III, but I leave a 90mm cam on it, as a cam must be on it at all times, or the camera does not open/close properly... The 90mm cam is the smallest/shortest for the camera and easiest to operate...

Steve K