PDA

View Full Version : Are there any alternate-make bellows to replace early B&J Speed Press?

Kinografx
15-Aug-2020, 09:50
Hi- I have this early version of the B&J Speed Press (non rotating back) and the bellows are very pinholey to put it mildly. The front mount looks to be 4 x 4" square, and the rear looks around 5 x 5.5" As there's no such thing as Watson replacement bellows, is there another make (graflex? Toyo? anything?) that would come close to fitting? I can't seem to find the front/rear mounting measurements for any bellows, but am hoping another make might be a close fit. Custom bellows wouldn't really be worth the expense, it's a Watson, after all :)

Jim Noel
15-Aug-2020, 13:31
Contact Custom Bellows in England. If they don't have the dimensions, all you have to do is remove the current one and send it to them. The replacement will be exact.

Roger Thoms
15-Aug-2020, 15:09
Contact Custom Bellows in England. If they don't have the dimensions, all you have to do is remove the current one and send it to them. The replacement will be exact.

If your going to use the camera then I'm with Jim on this recommendation. It's a real treat to have new bellows that fit the camera perfectly, especially with the price of film and all the effort that goes into shooting, developing, printing, etc. I am about to order my fifth and sixth bellows from Custom Bellows and they have been great to deal with.

Roger

Kinografx
15-Aug-2020, 15:46
Thanks for the suggestions- it would be fun to have screaming red bellows on this nice little camera (if that’s an option)
Do i dare ask what kind of ballpark cost and turnaround time would i be looking at?

calibre61
16-Aug-2020, 00:14
Hi they would be £94.00 and yes red is no problem