PDA

View Full Version : Extra large lens wraps?

Josh Z.
7-Jan-2006, 10:00
Hi, I'm looking for extra large lens wraps and so far I have not found a manufacturer that makes them larger then 20"x20". I'm looking for something in the area of 24"x24" in order to wrap up standards for a horseman monorail. Anyone know of any around this size?

Jack Flesher
7-Jan-2006, 10:20
Not sure it will have enough padding for you, but you could buy some polypro yardage (the stuff fuzzy jackets and vests are made of) at a sewing store and cut it to your desired dimensions. It comes in various weights and colors and Velcro sticks reasonably well to it. You can then wrap it with a length of male Velcro tape to hold everything in place, or sew the Velcro into the corners for a more professional finish.

Jim Ewins
8-Jan-2006, 18:28
I go to the specialty yardage store that carries back pack stuff and buy the material wet suits are made of in the lighter weight. Then stich velcro on the corners to fasten the wrap. I think it comes in 40" widths and in colors. Seattle Fabrics 206 525 0670. Enjoy

Bob Salomon
8-Jan-2006, 19:21
Novoflex makes Xlarge, large, medium and small wraps from neoprene which can stretch to fit very tight for optimal protection. The Xlarge is 19 x 19" so if you need a wraap 20 x 20" it will easily stretch and accommodate anything that needs that size.