PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 ZoneVI Film Holder Bag

Chad Shindel
4-Jan-2006, 23:15
Can anyone tell me where to buy one of these, I've seen then on ebay now and again, but can't find a place that is selling them. Thanks.

Caroline Matthews
5-Jan-2006, 08:01
Zone VI is out of business and you'll only find these used. (If I don't say that Calumet is now Zone VI and has a few items in their catalog, I'll get reminders from others on the forum that Calumet. So I said it. But Calumet has dropped almost all of Picker's old products.) Ebay will be your best source. However, go to the sporting goods dept. at WalMart and look at the cooler bags. You should be able to find one that will hold 8x10 holders very well, and it will be a lot less expensive. Since you can't get Zone VI equipment like this new any more, some items have almost a cult following and can cost more than they arer worth to buy on Ebay.

Philip_5765
5-Jan-2006, 08:04
They are still in Calumet's catalog. So you can still buy them brand new.

Bruce Barlow
5-Jan-2006, 08:08
Take an 8x10 holder to Wal Mart and look at Arctic Zone cooler bags. There's one where, when you remove the hard plastic insert, fits 10 8x10 holders and costs about $12.

I helped design the Zone VI bag, and own the original prototype. I use the Arctic Zones, however, and have gotten others to fit 4x5 and 5x7 holders, too. Much cheaper, more conveniently acquired, and just as good (perhaps better).

David Karp
5-Jan-2006, 09:03
I second Bruce's use of the Arctic Cooler bags. I use them for my 4x5 holders. When I borrowed a friend's 8x10 camera, I bought a larger one to use with the 8x10 holders. Now I use it for storing extra equipment.

They are well made, padded, insulated, and don't look like camera equipment.