PDA

View Full Version : Eliot Dudik's "Paradise Road" series featured on NPR

Oren Grad
13-Jul-2020, 09:36
8x10 color:

https://www.npr.org/sections/pictureshow/2020/07/11/854950412/searching-for-the-american-dream-on-paradise-road

His website:

https://www.eliotdudik.com/

Vaughn
13-Jul-2020, 10:17
Cool -- Definitely a project-driven photographer!

Drew Wiley
13-Jul-2020, 11:22
Nice pictures, but most of them look like "Paradise Lost" to me. I should qualify that. I've driven some of those Paradise Rd central CA sections. As it transitions from open range to long stretches of orchards, then one inevitably encounters the edges of utterly mindless land-wasteful suburban sprawl, replete with monstrosities like shopping malls, Walmart, and fast food stands that even smell like greasy sulfur and brimstone. But the rural colors in early summer can be amazing, provided one works in the morning before the whole area can be hotter than hell beneath a darkcloth.

Ray Hunter
13-Jul-2020, 13:13
Thanks for sharing this, Oren! Some interesting projects that are nicely seen.

Tin Can
13-Jul-2020, 13:37
Very interesting, yet I wish words were not there

as i am forced by me to read them

access and privilege

in deed

Drew Wiley
13-Jul-2020, 14:14
His Road's End project is also especially well done.

sperdynamite
16-Jul-2020, 15:34
I follow him on Instagram. I like this project more than some of the recent ones he's posted. Thank you for sharing this.

*kicks self for not photographing more*

jmdavis
16-Jul-2020, 16:16
Very interesting, yet I wish words were not there

as i am forced by me to read them

access and privilege

in deed

Thankfully, unlike much writing about art, the words aren't a blatant attempt for the writer or critic to insert him or herself into the art. I actually like the use of the artists words to tell the story and provide some interpretation.

I may be particularly cynical today having read a 2018 review by a critic for a major daily that I consider drivel this morning.

Torontoamateur
31-Jul-2020, 04:34
Words also feed the soul.