PDA

View Full Version : camera repair, alignment, tuning-up

chris jordan
28-Dec-2005, 19:11
Anyone know of anyone who is very good and professional with large-format camera repair, ground glass alignment, and other misc. restoration of LF gear? My camera needs some help! Thanks!

Frank Petronio
28-Dec-2005, 19:24
Short of going to Toyo itself, try Bob Watkins at http://www.precisioncameraworks.com/. He used to work for Sinar and does Arca-Swiss's American service. But he works on all professional cameras, including Noblex, Steitz, and Widelux -- and even your Toyo.

chris jordan
28-Dec-2005, 19:36
Thanks for that. I don't need work on my Toyo (how did you know that I had one?). Its for my wooden Tachihara, which I use for hiking. Not sure if Watkins will touch wood cameras... his site says "Professional models only – We are sorry, we do not work on point-and-shoot, wooden, or small digital cameras." Know on anyone who might work on my Tachi?

John_4185
28-Dec-2005, 19:53
Frank, did you notice that Bob Watkins is selling a 12x20 Korona and 2 film holders?

Thought others here might like to know, too.

Ted Harris
28-Dec-2005, 19:57
Let Richard Ritter work his magic on your Tachihara. Go to his web site .... www.lg4mat.net

Frank Petronio
28-Dec-2005, 22:46
Homeland Security Chris, we know everything.

Mike Davis
29-Dec-2005, 13:41
Chris,

I think that your posting "Ruined my Toyo 810M in New Orleans" might have something to do with Frank's Intel gathering capabilities. Although his answer is certainly more amusing.

chris jordan
30-Dec-2005, 07:04
I am not chris jordan. I am chris jordan. I have several view cameras, credit cards, loose cash, a car, I'm a LIBERAL, I do not support the war, I have been declared a "master of photography" by a large institution although I know very little about it, I have made some trully wretched pictures as well as a few good ones, I am snacking on roasted almonds, I make my own beer, I have never inhaled marijuana, I live in Troy NY, the birthplace of Uncle Sam. Sorry for the confusion!