PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Cable Release Quick Socket

ChristopherMarv
16-May-2020, 16:23
Took my Technika 5x7 out for a test shot this evening, and I accidentally pulled the quick socket off of the lens board. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to reassemble the quick socket. There is a pin which fell out. It's about 3/4" long and is slightly wider on one side. There doesn't seem to be any way to put the pin back into the quick socket so that the cable release will actually fit back into it. Can anyone tell me how to put this back together? Thank you!

Technorama
19-May-2020, 14:07
Took my Technika 5x7 out for a test shot this evening, and I accidentally pulled the quick socket off of the lens board. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to reassemble the quick socket. There is a pin which fell out. It's about 3/4" long and is slightly wider on one side. There doesn't seem to be any way to put the pin back into the quick socket so that the cable release will actually fit back into it. Can anyone tell me how to put this back together? Thank you!

The pin slides up into the narrow end of the quick socket, with the shorter end of the pin going in first. This then allows the longer end of the pin to engage the shutter release lever through the cable release socket on the lens shutter.