PDA

View Full Version : Adapting 8x10 holder to 18x24 - possible?

Scott --
13-May-2020, 13:50
Hi all -

I'm pondering if there's a reasonable way to adapt an 8x10 film holder to 18x24cm service. May not be feasible, and I've been searching unsuccessfully, but I thought I'd ask before trying to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks,
Scott

Vaughn
13-May-2020, 14:11
Just slide the film all the way down along one of the long rails. A couple pieces of low-tack tape (double-sided is possible) to keep the film in place, and you are good to go. (with GG marked for smaller film).

Or fabricate a long rail (stiff paper w/ glue and/or tape?) to hold the other film edge.

Drew Bedo
14-May-2020, 04:15
I have done the tape thing with 4d5 holders.

Works in a pinch but is not a long term solution iMO.

Would a plastic flim sheath insert be a viable 3D printer project?

Oslolens
15-May-2020, 04:00
The long term is to buy a 18x24cm Fidelity or other type film holder, wooden or plastic. I found 10 wooden in Sweden at €50 per holder

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

Scott --
15-May-2020, 07:12
Thanks guys. The tape workaround sounds doable short term and will get me shooting. Long term I’d need some holders. Have feelers out.

Scott --
24-May-2020, 22:23
Update, I got some low tack, repositionable double sided tape. Just put two squares along where the free edge lies. Holds seemingly fine. Trying to get some proper holders. Also, figured I could fabricate some kind of slide-in sheath that would fit the 18x24 film out of a piece of tin I had lying around. That's theoretical so far - need to cipher out a brake of some sort first. But the tape seems to be working well enough.