PDA

View Full Version : Identifying Bellows Peco Universal III

idleidolidyll
8-May-2020, 14:41
I recently bought a Plaubel Peco Universal III 13x18 in excellent order except for the bellows. The bellows has some tears and I've fixed those temporarily so I can use the camera. When I bought it, the seller told me he had three spare brand new bellows but he'd made a mistake and bought the wrong ones.
I'd like to ID these so I can sell them and get the bellows I need.
They are:
1. Wide angle bag bellows # PU 7-431/a 214mm square on rear frame and 162x158 on the front (lens side) frame.
2. Std bellows # PR 3/33/1 216mm square on the rear frame, 164x165mm on the front frame
3. Std bellows # PR 1/33/UI? 216x221mm rear and 165x164mm front

I'll want to sell these three and buy two that fit:

The bellow frame that fits on my camera is 213x212mm rear and 158.5x160mm. If anyone can tell me the part number for that bellow frame set and for a wide angle bag bellows; I'd be eternally grateful (well until I die anyway ;-) )

Daniel Unkefer
8-May-2020, 15:38
Plaubel made so many different versions during their history !

If you have good front and back frames that work for you, I would send the entire bellows to that place in the UK and have them make a new bellows for you. They will reattach the new bellows to the frames.

I removed my trashed Plaubel Makiflex bellows from the camera, and sent it to them. Within a very short time I had a wonderful replacement brand new for a reasonable cost.

As I recall, there was minimum communication, but flawless very quick delivery. That was from the USA, to the UK, and then back.

They will duplicate the original bellows for you.

idleidolidyll
8-May-2020, 16:47
thanks Daniel; do you recall the name of the company in the UK?

Daniel Unkefer
8-May-2020, 16:55
http://www.custombellows.co.uk/products.html

Hopefully they are open in these tough times.

BTW you have a beautiful camera there; I myself have a knee-jerk reaction to the Peco Profias which came later. And also the Makiflexes.

idleidolidyll
8-May-2020, 16:59
awesome! thankyou. It's a long way from New Zealand to the UK but it might be the only way I can do this

Daniel Unkefer
13-May-2020, 07:18
idleidolidyll,
Sent you PM

pgk
13-May-2020, 09:55
I spoke to someone at custombellows.co.uk about a Gandolfi bellows I needed. "we used to make them for Gandolfi" he said "which model, we may have it from stock?". I described it and said I'd pop the old bellows in the post anyway. The turn around was fast enough for me to suspect that it was from stock - a perfect fit. They were slower on a 10" x 8" Gandolfi set and needed the original to copy but it came back as good a fit as the original.