PDA

View Full Version : Question for Wista SP owners

mitrajoon
3-May-2020, 15:17
I came across a sales brochure for the Wista SP and noticed the following under Specifications:

BACK MOVEMENTS:
o Swing 15 degrees (horizontally)
o Tilt: 90 degrees (forward), 15 degrees (backward)
o Micro focus: 4 degrees (backward)
o Micro swing: 4 degrees (left of right)

Can someone explain how to do #3, Micro focus using a back movement? Reading the almost unreadable manual, back tilt, swing and micro swing are obvious, but I couldn't find anything about micro focus.

May never use this, but I am curious.

Bob Salomon
3-May-2020, 15:39
I came across a sales brochure for the Wista SP and noticed the following under Specifications:

BACK MOVEMENTS:
o Swing 15 degrees (horizontally)
o Tilt: 90 degrees (forward), 15 degrees (backward)
o Micro focus: 4 degrees (backward)
o Micro swing: 4 degrees (left of right)

Can someone explain how to do #3, Micro focus using a back movement? Reading the almost unreadable manual, back tilt, swing and micro swing are obvious, but I couldn't find anything about micro focus.

May never use this, but I am curious.

It’s 4° rear tilt, not focus.

mitrajoon
3-May-2020, 15:54
Thanks for the quick response. So I know how to tilt the back 15 degrees backwards, but how do I do the "micro" tilt? I know that the back swing and micro swing have different controls so I assumed the micro tilt will have a separate control as well.

Bob Salomon
3-May-2020, 16:05
Thanks for the quick response. So I know how to tilt the back 15 degrees backwards, but how do I do the "micro" tilt? I know that the back swing and micro swing have different controls so I assumed the micro tilt will have a separate control as well.

It’s that large knob.

mitrajoon
3-May-2020, 16:14
Perhaps there is something wrong with my camera, but there are two large knobs on the back (below the two micro swing knobs above), one on the right and one on the left.

In order to tilt the back backwards I need to loosen both large knobs. But this just results in the gross back tilt movement up to 15 degrees. There is no micro tilt knob as there is with swing.

Bob Salomon
3-May-2020, 16:22
Perhaps there is something wrong with my camera, but there are two large knobs on the back (below the two micro swing knobs above), one on the right and one on the left.

In order to tilt the back backwards I need to loosen both large knobs. But this just results in the gross back tilt movement up to 15 degrees. There is no micro tilt as there is with swing.

Check with service, in the U.S. it’s Precision Camera in CA.

mitrajoon
3-May-2020, 16:24
OK, thxs.

mitrajoon
4-May-2020, 07:48
Unfortunately Precision Camera was unable to help with this question. If any one else familiar with the Wista SP has the answer, I would be most appreciative.