PDA

View Full Version : ShenHao zero tilt detents.

Christoforos Giatzakis
21-Dec-2005, 12:54
Any ideas on how to get rid of them?
I was out shooting this morning and they bugged the hell out of me.
Thanks in advance.

Josh Z.
21-Dec-2005, 14:15
I have the HZX45-IIA and experimented a bit with this... After taking the front tilt arms off I found that I could reverse each in place (could not swap from side to side because the diameters for each hole is a bit different), but that I'd loose the springs, so they still fell back into the detents. So I don't think you are going to have much luck with using the existing hardware. I have adapted to the detents a bit more when using very slight tilts right on the edge of the detent. Using both hands I adjust the tilt (while looking into the GG), find the tilt I want, then use my right hand to just hold the standard in place (left hand helps but is still able to tighten the knob), and tighten the left friction knob with my left hand, after this is done it doesn't seem to drift, and I can further secure it with the right friction knob. Took a little practice to rember to do this each time, but it's not at all hard and seems to work pretty well.

John Layton
21-Dec-2005, 14:37
HA! Vindication! Yes - aren't ball detents just a royal pain in the rear!?

Ralph Barker
21-Dec-2005, 19:34
Would it be possible to slip a thin piece of plastic (like a credit card) under the tilt arm to temporarily defeat the detent?