PDA

View Full Version : Tripod head for Cambo SC

Jimi
29-Mar-2020, 08:02
Since the tripod mounting block is a bit small, I have an issue getting it to really lock down on my existing tripod heads. Would have loved something as clever as the Sinar pan tilt head with its three-point connection to the tripod mount, but I guess there was never anything else for the SC.

The camera is going to be schlepped outdoors. I am thinking a bit more low-profile than the Manfrotto 229, for example.

Dan Fromm
29-Mar-2020, 09:06
You're not going to like this. My 229s (two tripods, two heads) work well with my SC. They're tall, as you mentioned, and heavy, as you didn't mention. But they work. You didn't like this. Sorry.

cowanw
29-Mar-2020, 10:29
Cambo did make a double length clamp for the SC.

Dan Fromm
29-Mar-2020, 12:52
Cambo did make a double length clamp for the SC.

Bryan, I have a couple of them. Haven't really found one necessary, although I did use one under Baby Bertha's rail.

It took me a while to find out, but now I know what they were intended for. Not for better contact with tripod head/QR plate as I've used one of mine, but to connect two shorter rails to make a long one.

Jimi
29-Mar-2020, 13:59
You're not going to like this. My 229s (two tripods, two heads) work well with my SC. They're tall, as you mentioned, and heavy, as you didn't mention. But they work. You didn't like this. Sorry.

Well, perhaps I should get another 229 then, since the one I already have is out of reach (another country). As mentioned, they do their job once you've actually managed to haul it up the mountain.

Or on the slippery slope ... getting a secondhand set of legs and head.