PDA

View Full Version : Ektascan B/RA Sources?

Scott --
24-Mar-2020, 10:08
Hi all -

I'm looking for 8x10 B/RA. Since Z&Z seems to have dried up, does anyone know of an alternate source for this film? I'm coming up blank...

Thanks,
Scott

David Schaller
24-Mar-2020, 19:06
I couldn’t find any other source in a quick search. When my one box runs out, I’ll probably try one of the green sensitive double-sided emulsions.

Paul Cunningham
25-Mar-2020, 17:15
They have it listed on their website and it says ships in 24-48 hours. Is this maybe not true?

clicky here (https://www.zzmedical.com/8x10-in-carestream-kodak-ektascan-b-ra-single-emulsion-video-film.html)

Since Z&Z seems to have dried up,

David Schaller
26-Mar-2020, 05:24
Has anyone had experience in freezing x-ray film? I know this film has short expiration dates.
Thanks.

Luis-F-S
26-Mar-2020, 17:24
They have it listed on their website and it says ships in 24-48 hours. Is this maybe not true?

clicky here (https://www.zzmedical.com/8x10-in-carestream-kodak-ektascan-b-ra-single-emulsion-video-film.html)

Looks like it's back in stock. Just ordered some! L

David Schaller
26-Mar-2020, 18:05
I ordered a box too. I hope it can be frozen.... Big thanks to Paul for the heads up!

Jim Noel
26-Mar-2020, 18:34
Has anyone had experience in freezing x-ray film? I know this film has short expiration dates.
Thanks.

I have been keeping a supply frozen and it fares well. Also it is important to remember that we are dealing with orthochromatic film which has an unusually long shelf life.I pay no attention to dates on the box. I still have some Tri-X ortho dated in the 70's which is good as new.

David Schaller
26-Mar-2020, 18:47
I have been keeping a supply frozen and it fares well. Also it is important to remember that we are dealing with orthochromatic film which has an unusually long shelf life.I pay no attention to dates on the box. I still have some Tri-X ortho dated in the 70's which is good as new.

Thanks Jim! That’s great to know. It’s made it a relatively low cost way to get me back using the 8x10. [Although not fully ortho, Acros seems to keep really well too—I just developed some 4x5 Acros today that expired in 2003.] Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Jim Noel
26-Mar-2020, 18:51
Glad to see it is available again. I just ordered 2 boxes to add to my supply. I Told my wife I Intend to die with film in the freezer, rather than run out.SHe agreed it is a good idea.