PDA

View Full Version : Ilford Darkroom Printing Survey 2019 Results

Corran
11-Mar-2020, 09:09
Some interesting insights from a survey you may have filled out last year from Ilford:

https://www.ilfordphoto.com/ilford-photo-printing-survey-results/

Ulophot
11-Mar-2020, 09:51
Thanks for posting; good to know there's continuing movement in this area.

Tin Can
11-Mar-2020, 10:06
Yes interesting results

I agree we all must fully embrace online education for art and lesser pursuits :)

Which also means all countries, businesses and learners of any age need high speed internet, preferably 5G everywhere ASAP

All education will soon be online, we are changing right now with this fresh pandemic

Next I want a 3D FOOD printer so I never need to leave the Dark Room!

Thanks Ilford for the survey and parsed data

John Olsen
11-Mar-2020, 16:06
I'm surprised that the majority of darkroom printers were under age 44. That gives me hope that Ilford will have a continuing customer base to keep them in business.

Thanks to Ilford for doing this market survey.

Ron789
11-Mar-2020, 16:22
Interesting. But strange action plan:
"With the above in mind we are:
Creating a new tool on our website for people to find a darkroom near them."
That tool has been existing for years already: https://www.localdarkroom.com/index.php
... and it is run by... Ilford!!

Two23
11-Mar-2020, 17:59
Closest "public" dark room to me is about 400 miles. I would like to do contact printing and eventually albumin prints but it would take some doing to clear the 3 ft. x 8 ft. area in my basement and add a sink. Will be a good project for after I retire, I guess.

Kent in SD

Duolab123
12-Mar-2020, 21:55
It's good that Ilford will be putting instructions for beginners on YouTube. There's some great info on YouTube, Darkroom Dave (Butcher) is one of my favorites. However there's some less worthy videos, a company sponsored series of short and clear, speaking with authority, on how to use Ilford products would be great.

I am very fond of Ilford, I use their papers and chemistry, Bromophen is just a wonderful developer. Hypam etc.

GRAYnomad
12-Mar-2021, 02:12
No darkroom anywhere near me I'm sorry to say :(