PDA

View Full Version : A simple and practical 4x5 snapshot camera

3S-KR
29-Feb-2020, 01:19
A simple and practical 4x5 snapshot camera - COSMOS CIRCLE

COSMOS CIRCLE is a is a 4x5 large format camera, which is a modular combination camera. It is composed of base camare body, tube, viewfinder, ground glass, focusing helicoid ring and other functional parts. Through different integration of parts, it can be a pinhole camera, or a simple and practical snapshot camera.

This camera was successfully developed in 2015. At the beginning, it was only trial produced in small quantities. Due to insufficient publicity, not many people knew about it.Later, as we developed more and more functional parts, we took this camera to photo kina and CP + exhibitions for many times, and had more discussions on it in China's Photography Forum.

About five years ago, I registered here to focus on various discussions and learn knowledge. Later, because I forgot the registered ID, I didn't come back for quite a long time. Now, I'm back with my camera. I hope you can give me valuable opinions and have a heated discussion.

Tin Can
29-Feb-2020, 01:30
Interesting

Please tell us more details

What lens is that?

Oslolens
29-Feb-2020, 03:13
For a snapshot camera, I miss the focus. On my 4x5" metall 30mm- shift camera, I miss a tiny bit of swing (Chinese copy of Alpa 45W, CNCed and well made). I suppose one can add a lensboard with focus, but at cost of longer lens and a heavier front. Was this supposed to come with several noses, in order to change lenses, or was that extra?

Big Wehman, Toyo 5x7" and a small Chamonix

3S-KR
29-Feb-2020, 06:27
Interesting

Please tell us more details

What lens is that?

Thank you for your attention.

The lens in picture is Schneider 58XL , and another lens is suitable, Rodenstock 65 / 4.5. When using these two lenses, it's a super focus shot. You don't need to
focus. It's fixed focus. Because the tube is designed according to the flange focal length of these two lenses.

If you use focusing helioid ring on tube, you can use more lenses.

Tin Can
29-Feb-2020, 06:37
I see they are sold on eBay.

Is that an official authorized source?

Perhaps you need to make an announcement in the proper place.

Thank you for your attention.

The lens in picture is Schneider 58XL , and another lens is suitable, Rodenstock 65 / 4.5. When using these two lenses, it's a super focus shot. You don't need to
focus. It's fixed focus. Because the tube is designed according to the flange focal length of these two lenses.

If you use focusing helioid ring on tube, you can use more lenses.

3S-KR
29-Feb-2020, 07:07
We have now developed a focusing ring with a lens plate, which is metal.Using it on the camera is shown in the picture below.
Now we have two type of focusing helicoid ring, 17-31mm and 25-55mm. They are with a Linhof type 96mm * 99mm lens board copal #0.With these two focusing rings, you can use 90-120mm lens.

And you're right. We'll have other tube of different lengths and extended part. This is our next plan. It's expected to move forward soon.Our idea is to use more lenses by combining different parts.

3S-KR
29-Feb-2020, 07:10
For a snapshot camera, I miss the focus. On my 4x5" metall 30mm- shift camera, I miss a tiny bit of swing (Chinese copy of Alpa 45W, CNCed and well made). I suppose one can add a lensboard with focus, but at cost of longer lens and a heavier front. Was this supposed to come with several noses, in order to change lenses, or was that extra?

Big Wehman, Toyo 5x7" and a small Chamonix

We have now developed a focusing ring with a lens plate, which is metal.Using it on the camera is shown in the picture below.
Now we have two type of focusing helicoid ring, 17-31mm and 25-55mm. They are with a Linhof type 96mm * 99mm lens board copal #0.With these two focusing rings, you can use 90-120mm lens.

And you're right. We'll have other tube of different lengths and extended part. This is our next plan. It's expected to move forward soon.Our idea is to use more lenses by combining different parts.

3S-KR
29-Feb-2020, 07:18
Yes, we are the official, but we don't want to talk about business here. We just want to hear more opinions on our cameras.

3S-KR
29-Feb-2020, 07:23
I see they are sold on eBay.

Is that an official authorized source?

Perhaps you need to make an announcement in the proper place.

Yes, we are the official. Since the launch of the camera, we have some supporters outside China, but we haven't had a good chance to talk to each other until we come here.

Oslolens
29-Feb-2020, 08:59
Further is of course to copy more of the Linhof Technar, like handle with room for cable, more flash cold shoe and strap fixtures.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

Willie
29-Feb-2020, 10:58
Simple and practical? Linhof Technika, Speed and Crown Graphics and a number of rangefinder coupled types work just fine. Can be used as simply as one wants or - with higher end models - for more technical work if you need the adjustability some of them have.

darr
29-Feb-2020, 12:03
Isn’t this similar to a Cambo Wide? Only the Cambo is made of sturdier material IMO. I have a plastic camera made by a well known maker of such type, and I honestly was afraid to put my 1500 US dollar lens in the helical. I bought it for its modified Polaroid back with graflock design, but it does not fit my Linhof well. I applaud innovation, but I will not purchase another all plastic camera. Seems too brittle and coarse as far as materials, and precision is not there.

3S-KR
29-Feb-2020, 21:23
Further is of course to copy more of the Linhof Technar, like handle with room for cable, more flash cold shoe and strap fixtures.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

Actually, the handle has enough space to put into cable, but we didn't drill holes for stability. But someone bought cameras and DIY themselves.
There are two flash cold shots on the top of the camera.

Actually, the handle has enough space to put into cable, but we didn't drill holes for stability. Some friends have modified the handle as you said.
Of course, we also think of another solution, which is to use the shutter button. In the picture below is our production of the shutter button.

There are two flash cold shots on the top of the camera.

3S-KR
29-Feb-2020, 23:28
Simple and practical? Linhof Technika, Speed and Crown Graphics and a number of rangefinder coupled types work just fine. Can be used as simply as one wants or - with higher end models - for more technical work if you need the adjustability some of them have.

The cameras you mentioned are bellows, so they use rangefinder to focus.And COSMOS use focusing helicoid ring. As long as the focus is measured in advance and marked on the focusing ring, just like using Leica manual lens, it can focus quickly instead of looking at the rangefinder every time - that's what we mean by simplicity and practicality.

3S-KR
1-Mar-2020, 00:07
Isn’t this similar to a Cambo Wide? Only the Cambo is made of sturdier material IMO. I have a plastic camera made by a well known maker of such type, and I honestly was afraid to put my 1500 US dollar lens in the helical. I bought it for its modified Polaroid back with graflock design, but it does not fit my Linhof well. I applaud innovation, but I will not purchase another all plastic camera. Seems too brittle and coarse as far as materials, and precision is not there.

In fact, plastic has been used in the manufacture of cameras and camera accessories. It is one of the common materials. Now the plastic technology has a mature compound formula, which is not the same as the plastic products of daily necessities, and its physical properties are also different from the plastic in our impression. Even digital cameras use plastic to make the body. In exploring how to make the camera lighter, more and more different materials are applied.

darr
1-Mar-2020, 06:14
In fact, plastic has been used in the manufacture of cameras and camera accessories. It is one of the common materials. Now the plastic technology has a mature compound formula, which is not the same as the plastic products of daily necessities, and its physical properties are also different from the plastic in our impression. Even digital cameras use plastic to make the body. In exploring how to make the camera lighter, more and more different materials are applied.

There is a reason an all plastic camera is cheap!

Willie
1-Mar-2020, 08:15
The cameras you mentioned are bellows, so they use rangefinder to focus.And COSMOS use focusing helicoid ring. As long as the focus is measured in advance and marked on the focusing ring, just like using Leica manual lens, it can focus quickly instead of looking at the rangefinder every time - that's what we mean by simplicity and practicality.

Very simple to figure out where focus is with the cameras. News shooters for decades used them in every climate and location and circumstance possible.

Havoc
1-Mar-2020, 09:31
There is a reason an all plastic camera is cheap!

When you start injection molding PEEK in small quantities, plastic isn't cheap...

3S-KR
2-Mar-2020, 00:57
Cheap is needed, but not essential. LF friends know that function, versatility is the reason we value. Quality is also critical.

Of course, our price for COSMOS CIRCLE will definitely catch your eye.

3S-KR
2-Mar-2020, 01:00
LF is a sentiment :):):)

We also like music, whisky and tea.

Cheers!

3S-KR
2-Mar-2020, 01:02
In today's digital age, we're also struggling to figure out how to get more friends to use LF...

Can reduce the cost and ensure the performance of the camera, why not?

3S-KR
2-Mar-2020, 01:06
Technical parameter of 70 type COSMOS
1.Flange focal length is 70mm.
2.It comes with Linhof type 96mm*99mm lens board.
3.It can use general 4x5 film holder.
4.It can use 120 format Film Holder Back for 4X5
5.Viewfinder angle is 110°.
6.It come with a focousing helicoid ring.
7.It work temperature is -15℃ to +45℃.
8.Length, height and thickness: 180mmx200mmx110mm.
9.Weight 567g.

John Layton
2-Mar-2020, 05:18
Looks good!

I'm wondering if you might consider creating a "forward tilt module" (accessory which would replace the standard module) - which would feature a hinge mechanism at the bottom, so when not tilted all functions would remain normal so camera could be used handheld with scale focus...but when tilt feature is utilized the focussing screen would be used. It might also be possible to do a basic tilt handheld, using the focus screen, then insert a holder and use the top view finder which would have its own tilt (like the Leica Immarect) to compensated for field of view shift. This focus tilt mechanism would likely need to incorporate some kind of very short, internal bellows, although as the tilt would only be in one axis with the hinge at the base, you could probably design this to function without a bellows, but instead a light trap cloth between moving components. I think if you did this with some thought and creativity it could be done without adding much extra weight.

If the tilt module could be designed to allow handheld use, this would be significant - as the problem with handheld large format is often that practical minimal aperture values can be seriously affected by light levels - which can create compromises in depth of focus (even with wide lenses), which can make it difficult to incorporate a meaningful foreground into a landscape photo.

Also, it would be nice if such a tilt module could be installed in either a vertical or horizontal orientation. Vertical would be especially important, as this orientation reaches further down into the often oblique foreground plane.

Thinking further...perhaps the viewfinder would not need parallax correction as described above - but it might need to incorporate some kind of centrally located witness mark which would be viewable from the slight distance needed for a user to focus using the screen, with which the user would locate a point in the field of view while also performing the tilt, so that after the film holder is inserted, the user could again locate this point, ensuring that the tilt itself remains accurate and the new plane of focus is appropriate.

A question: might you consider creating a 5x7 model?

Bob Salomon
2-Mar-2020, 07:35
You just described the Linhof Technar and the Sinar Handy.

3S-KR
2-Mar-2020, 21:42
Looks good!

I'm wondering if you might consider creating a "forward tilt module" (accessory which would replace the standard module) - which would feature a hinge mechanism at the bottom, so when not tilted all functions would remain normal so camera could be used handheld with scale focus...but when tilt feature is utilized the focussing screen would be used. It might also be possible to do a basic tilt handheld, using the focus screen, then insert a holder and use the top view finder which would have its own tilt (like the Leica Immarect) to compensated for field of view shift. This focus tilt mechanism would likely need to incorporate some kind of very short, internal bellows, although as the tilt would only be in one axis with the hinge at the base, you could probably design this to function without a bellows, but instead a light trap cloth between moving components. I think if you did this with some thought and creativity it could be done without adding much extra weight.

If the tilt module could be designed to allow handheld use, this would be significant - as the problem with handheld large format is often that practical minimal aperture values can be seriously affected by light levels - which can create compromises in depth of focus (even with wide lenses), which can make it difficult to incorporate a meaningful foreground into a landscape photo.

Also, it would be nice if such a tilt module could be installed in either a vertical or horizontal orientation. Vertical would be especially important, as this orientation reaches further down into the often oblique foreground plane.

Thinking further...perhaps the viewfinder would not need parallax correction as described above - but it might need to incorporate some kind of centrally located witness mark which would be viewable from the slight distance needed for a user to focus using the screen, with which the user would locate a point in the field of view while also performing the tilt, so that after the film holder is inserted, the user could again locate this point, ensuring that the tilt itself remains accurate and the new plane of focus is appropriate.

A question: might you consider creating a 5x7 model?

Thank you very much.

In 2012, we developed a 45 camera, and once we developed a lens board that could tilt forward 5 degrees. Considering the market acceptance, we stopped. Now, the design is still in our computer.

In our opinion, the quick shooting camera should be embodied in the handhold and simple operation. The functions such as tilt and shift axis are not the primary functions of the quick shooting camera. In the future, we will develop more technical cameras with functions.

We have no plans to develop a 5X7 camera, sorry. But 8X10 is even more alluring :):):)

3S-KR
2-Mar-2020, 22:02
You just described the Linhof Technar and the Sinar Handy.

yes.

Linhof and Sinar Handy represent two different focus modes, Linhof uses rangefinder, Sinar uses the focus ring, and we are in Sinar mode.

Havoc
3-Mar-2020, 00:39
The functions such as tilt and shift axis are not the primary functions of the quick shooting camera. In the future, we will develop more technical cameras with functions.

I won't argue too much, but having shift would for me be a very important bonus. It is not because it is a "quick shooting camera" that you will not put it on a stand sometimes. So I do use shift regularly when shooting a building, even handheld with a 6x6. Something like a Cambo Wide is what I'm thinking of.

Bob Salomon
3-Mar-2020, 02:12
yes.

Linhof and Sinar Handy represent two different focus modes, Linhof uses rangefinder, Sinar uses the focus ring, and we are in Sinar mode.
Linhof Technar is also a pancake camera with helical focusing lenses from 65mm to 135mm. Anatomical grip with cable release and accurate finder in the shoe.

3S-KR
3-Mar-2020, 03:07
I won't argue too much, but having shift would for me be a very important bonus. It is not because it is a "quick shooting camera" that you will not put it on a stand sometimes. So I do use shift regularly when shooting a building, even handheld with a 6x6. Something like a Cambo Wide is what I'm thinking of.

I have been engaged in commercial photography for a long time, among which there are a lot of architectural photography work, of course, architectural photography has to use the function of axis shifting a lot of times.

However, the lack of some features of the COSMOS CIRCLE means it is not a universal camera.

We welcome the discussion on the COSMOS CIRCLE, and we sincerely listen to the opinions of our friends to make the COSMOS CIRCLE more perfect.

thank you

3S-KR
3-Mar-2020, 03:09
Linhof Technar is also a pancake camera with helical focusing lenses from 65mm to 135mm. Anatomical grip with cable release and accurate finder in the shoe.

yes.
The COSMOS CIRCLE has two shoes on the top, with the accurate finder in the shoe attached

Tin Can
3-Mar-2020, 05:49
Good luck to us all

Carry on regardless

Exploring Large Format
3-Mar-2020, 06:11
As a newbie, what blows my mind is the explosion, if you will, of all these new cameras from small shops. I had imagined I was entering a withering realm of old equipment and limited options. Instead, I've happily discovered I'm entering a photographic realm at the onset of a renaissance of sorts. Folks are jumping off from the old and solving old problems anew, or at least all over again. All at the same time that elders, masters of the art and of the medium, are still present with lifetimes of experience. Perfect for newbies!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3S-KR
3-Mar-2020, 20:13
Good luck to us all

Carry on regardless

Welcome to the discussion continue on the COSMOS CIRCLE.
thank
In 2013, we started working on the COSMOS CIRCLE.
We know that the production of LF camera materials, nothing more than metal, wood and plastic, now also use titanium alloy, carbon fiber and other new materials. What we're going to do is we're going to make cheap fast cameras, we're going to use the lightest materials, lower production costs. At the time, ilford's plastic pinhole camera was already on the market, and we decided to make it from the same material.
In October 2015, our pilot model was born. "pierre506" asked us for one and lent me his crowdfunded Travelwide 4×5 camera. Oh, what a surprise! On the other side of the world, there are cameras like us!
However, we didn't have crowdfunding. We built the camera in our own power. At the same time, we have developed the pinhole shutter, viewfinder and other accessories, these are our independent completion.
LF forum in China, we have a special introduction and discussion, please friends to have a look. The link is here:
http://forum.xitek.com/forum-viewthread-tid-1514837-extra-page%3D1-ordertype-2-t-1529634609.html
Thank again

3S-KR
3-Mar-2020, 21:22
As a newbie, what blows my mind is the explosion, if you will, of all these new cameras from small shops. I had imagined I was entering a withering realm of old equipment and limited options. Instead, I've happily discovered I'm entering a photographic realm at the onset of a renaissance of sorts. Folks are jumping off from the old and solving old problems anew, or at least all over again. All at the same time that elders, masters of the art and of the medium, are still present with lifetimes of experience. Perfect for newbies!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for your advice.

Combining various information, the LF camera and LF photography are experiencing a Renaissance, especially as far as I know in China.

Myself and my team almost always use LF cameras.

We go to the high altitude of Tibet every year to shoot, the LF camera's weight, so we want to have a light camera can replace, so, we produced the COSMOS CIRCLE

The COSMOS CIRCLE is suitable for newbie as well as for more demanding photographers because, through various accessories, a 47mm - 180mm lens can be used and a variety of film backs can be used to advance to the needs of high level photography.

3S-KR
3-Mar-2020, 21:24

3S-KR
3-Mar-2020, 21:36

3S-KR
4-Mar-2020, 23:31
Some parts of COSMOS can be used as independent large format accessories. They are all universal type.
1.Viewfinder
It has 4 advantages:
*It has large angle, up to 110°.
*It is bright and sharp.
*When you take a view from the eyepiece, you can see the horizontal bead in the scene (in fact, it is on the top of the viewfinder) to determine whether the camera is horizontal.
*It has slots on the side. By inserting different inserts, you can frame the viewfinder range of different focal length lenses or different format.

Peter Lewin
6-Mar-2020, 07:24
May I add a very late, possibly naive, question? I have enjoyed LF photography for close to 50 years, because I enjoy the thinking and precision afforded by a tripod and 4x5 movements, and in the darkroom I like the quality of the large negatives. But for handheld snapshot use, I prefer either 35mm or my medium format Rollie. The 120 roll film in particular still has large enough negatives so that at 11x14 prints there is little difference from 4x5. That said, what is the point of a 4x5 snapshot camera, where you give up the use of swings and tilts and the precision of a tripod, but also the easier film handling of roll film for taking multiple shots?

Tin Can
6-Mar-2020, 07:51
because they want to

John Layton
6-Mar-2020, 14:05
We all have our own thresholds...and indeed, depending upon the nature of light, subject, logistics, etc. etc., medium format is often a better choice than LF.

Personally, I typically do not print smaller than 16x20 these days...and while my Fuji/Voigtlander 6x7's (and to some degree my Hasselblad) can indeed often stand up to and even exceed what I could obtain with LF at this print size (again, depending on light/subject/logistics), its when I go to 20x30, 30x40 and 40x60 that I truly appreciate the qualities offered by LF.

Then again, some of these qualities relate to the inherent flexibility offered by LF - and I would find it very difficult to give up various movements, particularly axial and off-axial rotations, for most of my landscape work. But for tramping up into the mountains and hoping to create some broad, distant views, a simple, lightweight, fixed focus LF camera could be perfect, assuming sufficient light if handheld, and that a significantly closer foreground is not important or if, for whatever reason, DOF is not that important or even distracting.

But even on those days which would be bright enough to use LF hand held, I often find myself reaching for something like an orange filter...and the two stop sacrifice that this entails often eliminates the possibility of hand held LF, excepting in cases when I can compensate (at least somewhat) for the lack of this filter through selective processing.

Horses for courses here - knowing that lots of folks like handheld LF for the specific qualities offered even at very small print sizes, and even (thinking of Nicholas Nixon) contact prints.

Havoc
6-Mar-2020, 14:05
Not only that, sometimes I just don't want to take more than 1 or 2 photos and develop them within a few months.

John Layton
6-Mar-2020, 14:08
Two separate posts at the exact same time...yikes! (oh, that's right - there are 60 whole seconds in one minute!)

3S-KR
7-Mar-2020, 00:45
May I add a very late, possibly naive, question? I have enjoyed LF photography for close to 50 years, because I enjoy the thinking and precision afforded by a tripod and 4x5 movements, and in the darkroom I like the quality of the large negatives. But for handheld snapshot use, I prefer either 35mm or my medium format Rollie. The 120 roll film in particular still has large enough negatives so that at 11x14 prints there is little difference from 4x5. That said, what is the point of a 4x5 snapshot camera, where you give up the use of swings and tilts and the precision of a tripod, but also the easier film handling of roll film for taking multiple shots?

Yes, thank you, Peter! What you said is very good we can discuss it.

Camera development, from large to small. More than 180 years. When people are shooting, miniaturization is more convenient. Young people today cannot imagine what cameras journalists used before the 1930s. Sure, medium format negatives are not too small, but 4X5 covers three times the area of 120 negatives and 14.7 times the area of 135 negatives, which may be another reason for the improved quality of large negatives.

You are the senior of LF. I use large frame, about 30 years later than you. We made this camera as a supplement to our everyday camera collection, not a must-have. For example, we used SINAR P2 for our commercial photography. When we went to Tibet, I used K.B.Canham 8X10, which was made of wood. You know, at high altitude, this machine and the large tripod was a heavy burden.

There is no perfect camera, only the right one.

thank you

3S-KR
7-Mar-2020, 00:47
because they want to

"Was vernunftig ist, das ist wirklich; Und was wirklich ist, das ist vernunftig "-- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (Grundlinien der Philosophie des Rechts 1820)

——Existence is truth.

Over the years, there have been many fast shooting cameras, such as the earlier Sinar handy and Cambo, and the recent Travelwide and Mercury. In China, there are FOTOMAN, Gaoersi and Dayi. The creators of several Chinese products are our familiar friends.

I think the camera maker has to be the user of the camera. We made COSMOS CIRCLE out of our own needs, and we were the first to use it.

thank you

3S-KR
7-Mar-2020, 01:01
Not only that, sometimes I just don't want to take more than 1 or 2 photos and develop them within a few months.

We use quick-motion cameras, mainly for scene recording and people photography. I'm not sure I can hit these dynamic shots with one shot, so my COSMOS CIRCLE, will be equipped with FUJI QUICK CHANGE and shoot 2-3 shots.

3S-KR
7-Mar-2020, 01:12
Two separate posts at the exact same time...yikes! (oh, that's right - there are 60 whole seconds in one minute!)

Oh, you found me! Ha ha

This is because my English is not very good, I have written several replies in advance, put them in the file, and then send them together.

I'm sorry to make you laugh.

3S-KR
8-Mar-2020, 21:13
We all have our own thresholds...and indeed, depending upon the nature of light, subject, logistics, etc. etc., medium format is often a better choice than LF.

Personally, I typically do not print smaller than 16x20 these days...and while my Fuji/Voigtlander 6x7's (and to some degree my Hasselblad) can indeed often stand up to and even exceed what I could obtain with LF at this print size (again, depending on light/subject/logistics), its when I go to 20x30, 30x40 and 40x60 that I truly appreciate the qualities offered by LF.

Then again, some of these qualities relate to the inherent flexibility offered by LF - and I would find it very difficult to give up various movements, particularly axial and off-axial rotations, for most of my landscape work. But for tramping up into the mountains and hoping to create some broad, distant views, a simple, lightweight, fixed focus LF camera could be perfect, assuming sufficient light if handheld, and that a significantly closer foreground is not important or if, for whatever reason, DOF is not that important or even distracting.

But even on those days which would be bright enough to use LF hand held, I often find myself reaching for something like an orange filter...and the two stop sacrifice that this entails often eliminates the possibility of hand held LF, excepting in cases when I can compensate (at least somewhat) for the lack of this filter through selective processing.

Horses for courses here - knowing that lots of folks like handheld LF for the specific qualities offered even at very small print sizes, and even (thinking of Nicholas Nixon) contact prints.

The speech of the seniors reminds me of a past.

In 2009, my good friend, Jianguo Feng, and I were shooting portraits in Tibet. I was his assistant. He used three cameras to take portraits: one was TOYO 810M2+NIKON 240/5.6, which used black and white film to take important portrait pictures; One was polaroid, which returned pictures of its subjects to him; One is a digital camera, a record of portrait photography. Jianguo Feng operates the 8X10 camera, and I operate the latter two. I think it would be a good choice to replace digital cameras with 4X5 cameras.

Fast-motion cameras can do fast work, but they are not a replacement for mainframes.

thank you

chanto
17-Oct-2020, 07:03
The speech of the seniors reminds me of a past.

In 2009, my good friend, Jianguo Feng, and I were shooting portraits in Tibet. I was his assistant. He used three cameras to take portraits: one was TOYO 810M2+NIKON 240/5.6, which used black and white film to take important portrait pictures; One was polaroid, which returned pictures of its subjects to him; One is a digital camera, a record of portrait photography. Jianguo Feng operates the 8X10 camera, and I operate the latter two. I think it would be a good choice to replace digital cameras with 4X5 cameras.

Fast-motion cameras can do fast work, but they are not a replacement for mainframes.

thank you

hello where could I find the camera
sincerely
@+fred

Dan Fromm
17-Oct-2020, 07:46
sincerely
@+fred

ebay.com

chanto
18-Oct-2020, 01:22
ebay.com

found nothing in France

Dan Fromm
18-Oct-2020, 06:38
found nothing in France

I wrote ebay.com, not ebay.fr

Tin Can
18-Oct-2020, 08:19
The .com I see in USA is mostly Chinese, with specs I can read

I do want one, but wish they offered one without viewfinder, GG back, but with the longer helical, for 75 and 90 mm

Tin Can
16-Mar-2021, 04:54
I see they are in business

The plain fact is we all need Hong Kong, China, their resources, products and people

Not a political statement

Amended to add

all people are people

3S-KR
20-May-2021, 22:11
sincerely
@+fred

Check out this link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kangrinpoche/cosmos-circle-4x5-snapshot-camera?ref=project_build

We are doing a project on the crowdfunding website, with the purpose of producing several molds for accessories. When the molds are ready, the production of accessories can be carried out in batches.

Please support us there and tell those in need to come and support our project.

thank you

Oren Grad
21-May-2021, 07:30
Please take any discussion of the Kickstarter campaign to the thread in the Kickstarter subforum:

https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?163812-Kangrinpoche-Cosmos-Circle-4x5-camera-upgrade

sherlock
21-May-2021, 18:41
It may not be important to you and others but to us with limited disposable income, HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?????????
sherlock

Paul Ron
22-May-2021, 05:25
its a kickstarter with no reward according to the add linked by the op.

its a really nice 3d ptinted camera idea. i hope to see it marketed although it was suposed to be sold on ebay, which i cant find.

Oren Grad
22-May-2021, 07:54

There are several options with camera rewards. Scroll down and review the entire page.

its a really nice 3d ptinted camera idea. i hope to see it marketed although it was suposed to be sold on ebay, which i cant find.

Search eBay for "COSMOS CIRCLE" under "Cameras and Photo". As of this moment there are several listings.

3S-KR
22-May-2021, 19:47
Please take any discussion of the Kickstarter campaign to the thread in the Kickstarter subforum:

https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?163812-Kangrinpoche-Cosmos-Circle-4x5-camera-upgrade

yes.thanks

3S-KR
22-May-2021, 19:53

We used to 3D-print some parts to test whether our design was correct. After repeated verification, these 3D printed templates meet our requirements, so we can make molds for mass production

martiansea
23-May-2021, 11:29
We used to 3D-print some parts to test whether our design was correct. After repeated verification, these 3D printed templates meet our requirements, so we can make molds for mass production

Thank goodness!