PDA

View Full Version : B+W digital to FCA Pro type DP ?

robc
11-Dec-2005, 18:41
Has anyone ever tried outputting a B&W digital to Fujicolor Crystal Archive Professional TYPE DP paper via a Lightjet or other such as Polielettronica Laserlab ?

I'm wondering what the results would be like. Yeah I know I should try and see but I just wondered if anyone had any experience of outputting B&W to Colour paper in this way.

TIA

Steve J Murray
11-Dec-2005, 19:14
Rob, I don't know exactly what TYPE DP is, but I have black and white digital Fuji prints made all the time, both from a digital camera and from scanned black and white negatives. I feel that tonal range and sharpness is equal to silver prints, but its hard to get a neutral print, even when color prints come out fine. The light you observe the print in makes a difference. Under tungsten they can look neutral, and then under some flourescent look terribly magenta. I'm trying the "duotone" process in PS, which warms up the image, and they seem to print on the Fuji paper with a less objectionable tone albeit a bit warmer overall.

robc
11-Dec-2005, 19:34
just discovered that its much cheaper than I thought to get this done so its worth trying it out to see what the quality is like.

Any more input on do's and don'ts on this would be appreciated.

clay harmon
11-Dec-2005, 20:38
I had problems with a acyclic feedback loop created when the leptokurtic armature accidentally detached from the posterior schenectazoid.

David R Munson
12-Dec-2005, 01:46
Thank you, Clay - it's all so clear now! :p