PDA

View Full Version : Update, Link to pictures of "Do I have a keeper"?

Terry Witt
8-Dec-2005, 14:38
here is the link to several pictures of my new accusison. Thanks for looking Terry

http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/camera.html

Alec Jones
8-Dec-2005, 14:42
Terry, what's an "accusison"?

Steve Feldman
8-Dec-2005, 15:04
Terry,

I thought that mine was the best example of this camera I'd seen. Most have the paint scratched up badly.

Your camera is absolutely the best I've seen. A show-room item.

That said - Go make great photographs with it.

Alec - that's a perchise. Try control F2.

windpointphoto
8-Dec-2005, 15:09
They're workable cameras but wait and see how long it is until you get tired of the rear bed jabbing you in the throat.

JackG
8-Dec-2005, 15:17
I had a 5x7 B&J such as yours and liked it so much that after I traded it off for something else I missed it enough to go and find another, which I still have. It's one of the scratched up ones. In that size it's a pretty stable camera (as opposed to the somewhat shakier 8x10 and 11x14 versions) and although not sophisticated it has all the movements you could want. As Curmudgeon, says you can do great things with it.

James E Galvin
8-Dec-2005, 15:22
Is the lens attached to the lens board? In the pic, it looks like it is just placed in the lensboard hole? If so, one of those black rings should screw onto the back of the lens and hold it there.
Nice looking camera. I might look for a reducing back to 4X5, as film and scanners are more plentiful for 4X5 than any other size, but 5X7 is available enough,
Enjoy

Capocheny
8-Dec-2005, 18:42
Terry,

As I noted in your posting on Photo.net:

==============================================

Terry,

I have to agree with Vick... go out and take some pictures with it. If you decide LF isn't your bag, then list it on *ba* and get your investment (?) back.

You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain! The most important thing is... have fun with it. :)

Cheers

==============================================

Just go out and shoot some images instead of posting the question here, there, and everywhere. :)

Cheers

Brian Vuillemenot
8-Dec-2005, 22:17
Gee, I thought I'd seen that question before- it was written on a bathroom wall at the local Chevron station two blocks from my apartment. And it actually had responses from several of the usual posters here!

Kirk Fry
8-Dec-2005, 23:50
So I have an idea why it was in you neighbor's basement. I have a tripod just like that one with the same head. It is the most impressive camera support I have ever seen (I got it at a surplus equipement sale). I am sure you could plant a 20X24 on it in a hurricane. There is just one problem, you need a crane to move it around. This is one of those tripods that does not go where the car/truck/H1 Hummer does not. (Mine weighs 19 lb. not counting my 8X10, by which time we are north of 30 lb) . Anyway go take some pictures, but think about a lighter tripod.

Kirk

Duane Polcou
9-Dec-2005, 01:11
Went to your site. Forget about learning to use LF. Learn to use spillchocker first.