PDA

View Full Version : Any Clayton chemical customers here?

John Kasaian
2-Feb-2020, 13:56
My interest in the Great Yellow Father in Rochester's chemicals has taken hits lately.
I'm thinking of giving Clayton F-76 a try.
Being a liquid instead of a powder is something I find especially attractive.
Being able to see if anything is floating around in it is even more attractive.
Before I add it to my shopping list thought I'd ask here for any insights.

Alan9940
2-Feb-2020, 14:04
Personally, I find the combo of F-76+ and Ilford Delta 100 to be magical! It works with other films, of course, but IMO there's something special that happens with the Delta film.

Jim Noel
2-Feb-2020, 15:43
I used several CLayton products i the past and found them all to be top notch.

Renato Tonelli
2-Feb-2020, 16:26
I use their odorless stop bath and fixer. I like the convenience of liquid chemistry: mix the amount you need when you need it.

LabRat
2-Feb-2020, 18:56
I will use Clayton when printing large commercial projects for convenience... Good stuff!!! You can also choose MQ or PQ versions... The only thing to watch for is like when I bought a gallon of dev at a neighborhood camera store that must have been sitting on the shelf for a long time as it came out of the bottle brown... It worked, but had to potential to stain...

I think Freestyle/Arista also has a clone for less...

But really, for frequent workers, you should be mixing from scratch... Just a few bulk chems, a scale, and some mixing stuff and you have a constant supply of fresh developer on demand... And MUCH cheaper in the long run, and a variety of formulas on demand...

I very rarely use overpriced off the shelf formulas, except in very rare instances...

Steve K

Michael Kadillak
2-Feb-2020, 19:52
Finding Kodak's unwillingness to sell 5 gallons of fixer concentrate, I have turned to Clayton fixer and it works fine. I will continue to use it without hesitation.

John Kasaian
4-Feb-2020, 08:56
Thanks! All good info to know.