PDA

View Full Version : LF Lab Processing in Houston? In Texas?

Drew Bedo
23-Jan-2020, 08:47
I am looking for a lab that will process LF films here in Houston. If not local tome, is there a lab in Texas?

I shoot in 4x5 and 8x10 using T-Max, Tri-X and Velvia.

Currently, I have sent undeveloped film to a lab in Denver.

kenj8246
23-Jan-2020, 11:04
Drew, I think you're SOL in Houston. To my knowledge, Precision Camera in Austin does LF. They send it out but they get it done. At least, they did.

bigdog
23-Jan-2020, 15:01
A couple of labs in DFW do 4x5, but no one lists 8x10. As long as you have to deal with mail, why not out of state? Ilford?
http://www.harmanlab-us.com/page/57/Black-and-White-Prints-from-Film.htm

Bob Salomon
23-Jan-2020, 15:11
Too bad Gitting’s isn’t around anymore

m00dawg
25-Jan-2020, 15:42
I too haven't found any place in Texas that does 4x5 in house, though I keep bugging my local lab about it (as well as E-6). For 4x5 C-41 and E-6, I've been using The Darkroom. Their prices aren't bad. I plan to try out Digital Imaging Center (Denver) as they were recommended highly, although it was for E-6. Still their prices are pretty compelling.

One thing I like about The Darkroom is they seem to be mindful of where they place the film hangers to dry the film. Some other mail order labs seem to be pretty liberal about where they clip the film going well into the exposed area. I will say though, The Darkroom does a great job at 4x5 but they are pricey for 35mm and 120 (and frankly their "free" scans don't often come out looking good compared to what I can do myself on my V800).

Drew Bedo
25-Jan-2020, 21:11
Thanks everyone.

a yar (two?) ago I called Precision and they did say they sent out LF processing . . .to Denver digital.

So there we are.