PDA

View Full Version : Bergger new lower pricing for 2020 and Introducing Bergger PrintFilm

Anselmo DiMedici
18-Jan-2020, 09:51
We have two great announcements:
Bergger has implemented an all new price list for 2020, with some significant price reductions across the board!
You can find these new prices already effective on our new direct retail outlet website listed bellow.

The second is the annoumcent of another all new film from Bergger:

In 2014, it was decided by BERGGER to relaunch the production of analogue films, based on silver halide technology. PANCRO400 was introduced on the market as a unique, and innovative black and white film. Relying on this experience, it was decided to introduce the new film - BERGGER PrintFilm.

Mainly dedicated to darkroom use, and especially the making of interpositives and internegatives. It is a continuous tone film, which contrast is easily under control during the processing step.

BERGGER PrintFilm is coated on a 175 microns PET base, for an easy handling. It is mainly sensitive to blue radiations, and is almost blind past 500 nm. Consequently it is perfectly usable with a traditional darkroom safelight.

BERGGER PrintFilm photosensitive emulsion is yellow tinted and is very resistant to scratches. A very efficient undercoated anti-halation layer provides a maximal resolution. The red tinted backside has anti-static properties.

BERGGER PrintFilm is available in standard sheet sizes from 4X5 to 16X20, and in rolls of 108cm and 50.8cm widths.

At this time, the first shipments of PrintFilm are making their way over from France to the US and should be available at all photo retailers that carry Bergger products, as well as from the all new Bergger USA online retail outlet: https://berggerusa.bigcartel.com/ where you can buy all Bergger products directly, with free US shipping on all orders.

Thank you all for your continued support!
ADM and Team Bergger USA.

Fred L
18-Jan-2020, 10:23
well unfortunately you don't ship to Canada. price was great too...

bob carnie
19-Jan-2020, 07:13
Not so Fred I just received my roll of this film to use on my Lambda

Tin Can
19-Jan-2020, 07:48
Very good news indeed!

Peter Lewin
19-Jan-2020, 07:49
I couldn’t find mention of the number of sheets in a box of the various VC printing papers, which makes it difficult to evaluate the prices. Is that information on the site and I just overlooked it?

Editted 1/20/2020: Either I missed it, or Bergger added the info, all the boxes are 25 sheets. I looked at the B&H site just now, they do not seem to reflect the new lower prices yet.

Tin Can
19-Jan-2020, 08:38
Generally it is cheaper to buy from a reseller than the manufacturer as they must sell at their 'suggested retail price' to not kneecap their retail sellers

Look at B&H

Ulophot
20-Jan-2020, 07:36
I agree that this is good news. Additions to our range of materials are welcome. I tried some of the Bergger paper a while back and found it very good.

John Layton
20-Jan-2020, 08:14
Thank you for introducing the Print Film! Now I need to re-dissolve that old, crystallized bottle of PT/PD solution I've had kicking around for years - and build a proper UV lightbox!

Fred L
20-Jan-2020, 19:34

my bad. I was trying to buy paper, not film. sorry for the mixup everyone...

back to regular programming

paulbarden
21-Jan-2020, 12:49
The last time I bought a box of 8X10 Pancro 400 it was $124.95 USD and the new price on bigcartel you pointed to is $124.95 as well. How does this reflect the "significant price reductions"??

Anselmo DiMedici
22-Jan-2020, 10:45
The last time I bought a box of 8X10 Pancro 400 it was $124.95 USD and the new price on bigcartel you pointed to is $124.95 as well. How does this reflect the "significant price reductions"??

Paul,

As you might have noticed, most film manufacturers have seen several price increases in the past few years. While were not able to significantly reduce the price of Pancro400 8X10, we were able to maintain the same price point on Bergger Pancro400, the only independently made film in the world, pretty much since the day it was released.

All other products in our range (and some of the Pancro400 film items as well), have seen a price reduction.

Thanks for your continued support one and all.

ADM

Andrew O'Neill
22-Jan-2020, 11:36

Let us know how it does in the Lambda. Thanks!

paulbarden
22-Jan-2020, 15:05
Paul,

As you might have noticed, most film manufacturers have seen several price increases in the past few years. While were not able to significantly reduce the price of Pancro400 8X10, we were able to maintain the same price point on Bergger Pancro400, the only independently made film in the world, pretty much since the day it was released.

Hi Anselmo.
Thank you for that information. All I can tell you is that in early 2018 (in the USA) I bought quite a bit of stock of 8x10 Pancro 400 (which I really do like a lot) at $109 a box, so as a buyer I have seen a price increase of $20 a box since I last purchased the film. That's close to a dollar per sheet, which is significant. Sure, everyone else has raised prices in the past 3 years, and that's fine. But to suggest that you have reduced the price of this product for 2020 is simply not correct. Back when it was a bit less expensive than HP5+, Pancro 400 was a very attractive alternative, but they are so close in price now that it doesn't matter which I choose. (Although in my experience, HP5+ is almost a full stop faster than Pancro 400, so that is a consideration).

All of that aside, I am glad I have Pancro 400 to choose as an option and I hope Bergger continues to make these products available for years to come.