PDA

View Full Version : I have purchased a Screen 1045i drum scanner!!!

Eirik Berger
2-Dec-2005, 14:56
Finally, FINALLY I can scan my 8x10" negatives/positives the way they should be scanned. Fast and mounted on a drum!
I havent "collected" it yet, it weighs 160kg and is located 1500 km away, but it doesn´t matter. I am to happy right now to worry about transportation.

I know this wasnt a question, but I just had to tell anyone. My girlfriend doesn´t care about these things, she only want to know where I am going to place the bastard...

Eirik

Eric Rose
2-Dec-2005, 15:01
On her side of the bed. Since she won't be using it anymore LOL!

Steve Feldman
2-Dec-2005, 15:59
On your side of the bed.

Same reason.

Bruce Watson
2-Dec-2005, 16:01
If you have learning curve questions, and I'm sure you will, there's a yahoo group dedicated to high end scanners which includes a number of drum scanner operators:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScanHi-End/messages

I run an Optronics ColorGetter 3 Pro myself. Ain't nothing like a good drum scan. Nothing at all. But the beasties tend to be hot, loud, big, and slow (you are scanning one pixel at a time after all). Well worth the bother though. Well worth it.

Amund BLix Aaeng
2-Dec-2005, 16:14
Send me an email when you know how to use it! :-)

I looked at the ad too, but my back pocket said : don`t even think about it! :)

Amund

paulr
2-Dec-2005, 17:09
"On your side of the bed.
Same reason."

that sounds closer to the truth.

Bill_1856
2-Dec-2005, 17:57
In the words of the Imortal Ralph Kramdon: "Whoop-de-d00."

Graeme Hird
2-Dec-2005, 21:51
" On your/her side of the bed"

Love the responses! I don't really care about the scanner, but it was worth opening the thread just for those replies. :)

Eirik Berger
3-Dec-2005, 07:37
I am glad my girlfriend doesnt read this forum...
Bruce: Thanx for the link, I have joined this yahoo group and I am lloking forward to read through the posts.
Amund: I will contact you as soon as I am up and running. In january I will have my Jobo ATL 3000 working too so I can provide reasonable priced developing and scanning of 8x10" negatives/positives.
Graeme: Frankly I dont care about the scanner myself, only the results it (hopefully) will provide.